Pelini: No need to rush on new hire

Nexus

Just had a short chat with Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini regarding the open spot on his full-time coaching staff. He's not exactly panicking about filling the opening. He said if he hasn't made a hire by the time spring ball begins March 10, he and new defensive coordinator John Papuchis will combine to handle the secondary. Pelini said he'll consider candidates both inside the program and outside. The opening was created Monday when secondary coach Corey Raymond announced he was leaving to take the same position at LSU. "We're basically looking for whatever the best fit is for the program," Pelini said. "I have some guys in mind. Whatever works, works." He said he doesn't have a timetable in mind to have a coach in place. "However long it takes," he said.

LINK

Ok so this is one of my first posts however, I feel as though the words "not worried" by pelini show a big thing. I mean think about it, he probably has his hand in the DB's anyway so maybe he doesn't feel the need of a "Big Name" DB coach, HE IS ONE! Pelini knows his schemes and honestly would be smart just to coach them himself. They need to come up with a big recruiter for sure, because our connection down south just got a little smaller.

Ok so this is one of my first posts however, I feel as though the words "not worried" by pelini show a big thing. I mean think about it, he probably has his hand in the DB's anyway so maybe he doesn't feel the need of a "Big Name" DB coach, HE IS ONE! Pelini knows his schemes and honestly would be smart just to coach them himself. They need to come up with a big recruiter for sure, because our connection down south just got a little smaller.

Yes, Bo does have a lot of involvement with the DBs, and every level of the defense, but he still allows his assistants to come in and make tweaks to the fundamentals and the way the position goes about doing things. We will see who Bo hires, but I'm not real worried.