Nebraska's Pro Day

Always been a fan of Mendoza. Always been pissed that these coaches shuffled him around and buried him here. I'll say right now, a lot of people may not see it this way, but if Mendoza goes to the NFL and lights it up, there could be quite a few more people like me, wondering why in the world such a talented athlete can't get on the field here? I will just have to believe that there was a very legitimate reason he never played..........one of those things that never comes out maybe. Sure is disappointing though.

Holy crap, Mendoza was balls out.

20 reps

11'1 broad jump

45.5'' vert.

I believe it. Was it the K-State game 4 years ago he racked up quite a few yards never to be heard from again? I remember watching that game and thinking that this is the next great back at Nebraska. He should have stayed in the backfield - he would have gotten 80-100 carries last year behind Rex. Maybe even stepped in after Helu left. Never know though.

It's hard for me to believe that Kinnie runs a 4.41

There's no way Kinnie runs a 4.41

Some of the scouts had him hand-timed at 4.38

No way, don't believe it. 4.4 guys don't get caught from behind by Washington and Wyoming defensive backs.

That was my first thought too. It's bizarre.

The difference between a 4.6 and a 4.4 40 is often simply from the technique you have coming off the blocks --- it is a track technique-oriented difference. So... some with good technique in track get great times but are no faster than guys on the football field who are .15-.2 seconds "slower" in the track 40.

With Brandon, his football speed was good... but not special. his track speed, apparently, is special. In any event, he was not an overly effective WR for us. that is not to say that with his size, strength and speed that he could not improve and be a player in the NFL. he might just do it. best of luck to him.

As for mendoza --- one of many head scratchers where you ask "how could an athlete of this caliber not see the field at NU when inferior athletes do?" Who can say... but there are many like this at NU. here too... I hope he gets a shot in the NFL.