Nebraska's Pro Day

I'm happy Jared had a good workout after a nasty injury, hopefully some team falls in love with his skill set and takes him on the first day. As for mendoza, that just blows my mind why this kid couldn't find the field at any point in his career.

I'm happy Jared had a good workout after a nasty injury, hopefully some team falls in love with his skill set and takes him on the first day. As for mendoza, that just blows my mind why this kid couldn't find the field at any point in his career.

It does make you wonder, but we'll never know. There are a whole bunch of things Mendoza could have done or not done to keep himself off the field. From what I hear, Bo does seem to be pretty good about playing the guys who work hard in practice and do the things they are asked to do. Based on that, it seems like he must not have been getting it done at practice. I think Bo would have just kicked him off the team if it was an off-the-field issue but I guess its possible he could have just been in the doghouse for the last two years.

Any links available? Mendoza has a 45.5 vertical? Holy moly, why not have him on the field and just out jump the DB for the ball, especially in the endzone on a fade?

Crick's 26 reps on the bench is somewhat respectable. It's double Marcel Jones' output. :laughpound

I thought it was very respectable considering the injury he's coming off of. It should answer a lot of questions NFL teams might have about the injury.

But to echo the thoughts about Mendoza, it is perplexing how such a great athlete didn't see the field. He must not have known, or been able to figure out, the playbook. Which raises another question, how is it that we seem to get an inordinate amount of "dumb" players?

no one could be dumb for 4 years.....there is more to it than that.........got to be.

But to echo the thoughts about Mendoza, it is perplexing how such a great athlete didn't see the field. He must not have known, or been able to figure out, the playbook. Which raises another question, how is it that we seem to get an inordinate amount of "dumb" players?

no one could be dumb for 4 years.....there is more to it than that.........got to be.

When a guy switches positions a time or two, it makes a big difference. Sometimes the move just doesn't work out like it's planned. I had pretty high hopes for Mendoza as well, both at RB and at CB. IIRC he tried out WR for a little while as well. It's really too bad he didn't get put in a position to succeed because just looking at his numbers, it's obvious that he was one of the most athletic players on the team.

Maybe he wasn't a good football player... :dunno

At least not better than the players in front of him.

When a guy switches positions a time or two, it makes a big difference. Sometimes the move just doesn't work out like it's planned. I had pretty high hopes for Mendoza as well, both at RB and at CB. IIRC he tried out WR for a little while as well. It's really too bad he didn't get put in a position to succeed because just looking at his numbers, it's obvious that he was one of the most athletic players on the team.

His position swaps illustrate to me that he was a HELL OF AN ATHLETE just not a good football player. The coaches knew he was a freak, just could not find a position that he could play effectively. God knows they tried; instead of writing him off they wanted to find a way to let him play. I've met Marcus, he's a good natured kid (man now) I don't believe a lack of positive attitude or work ethic was an issue. I believe he just couldn't translate his athleticism to football skills.

His position swaps illustrate to me that he was a HELL OF AN ATHLETE just not a good football player. The coaches knew he was a freak, just could not find a position that he could play effectively. God knows they tried; instead of writing him off they wanted to find a way to let him play. I've met Marcus, he's a good natured kid (man now) I don't believe a lack of positive attitude or work ethic was an issue. I believe he just couldn't translate his athleticism to football skills.

That would make sense and rings true to me. Too bad........

He is a perfect example of why the NFL combine means absolutely nothing. I could find plenty of kids that run track that could run a high 4.3 and 40 inch vertical. You have to be good at FOOTBALL!

LOL...you are leaning headlong into crazy if you think you can find "plenty" of kids that run a 4.3 40 and have a 40 inch vertical. Look at the combine numbers and tell me if the players fitting that criteria, after spending 3, 4 or 5 years in college strength and conditioning program, can run 4.3 and jump 40.