SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

I was just saying that I'm very interested to here "why" he was committing to us. We seem to lose so many recruits to UCLA and I want to know what pushed us over the edge. Especially since it seems UCLA has some good things happening in their program and recruits on the OL. This has nothing to do with being "unhappy". Why would you even go there CNRed?

Yes, the "ignorant" comment is directed toward someone like HuskerFowler ... who seems to think that he is the guru or that others like me are "ignorant". I can promise you this ... as a member for I think 7-8 years, and on this board for 8-9 years ... I am not a troll. I just think that if recruiting is such a "guessing game" ... as someone like HuskerFowler seems to admit ... that someone as ignorant as me can ask questions or be real in wondering why we are taking a particular player. I make no claim to be a guro or know it all.

Having Stanton leveraged this one big time Mark. Also, loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvesssssssss Lincoln.

If he does it will be interesting to hear the "why's". For me, with the direction UCLA is going, the nice pieces on offense and the amazing OL recruits this year ... my perception would be that the upside for UCLA is looking rather nice. I don't like our OL direction near as well as UCLA ... but as has been pointed out to me ... I'm "ignorant".

Honestly that is a little ignorant. Nebraska is one of the biggest suppliers of RB's to the NFL of any college. If I was a RB not being bias, Nebraska would have to be my top 3 right now. UCLA would not be in my top 3. I really think the only reason UCLA made it to the final two was the distance issue. I wouldn't want to play for Mora jr either. He and Kiffin are idiots. USC is going nowhere, and UCLA got a slight bump this year cause of the illusion that Mora would be good, but the entire UCLA program is a joke, and will start heading south next year.

I was just saying that I'm very interested to here "why" he was committing to us. We seem to lose so many recruits to UCLA and I want to know what pushed us over the edge. Especially since it seems UCLA has some good things happening in their program and recruits on the OL. This has nothing to do with being "unhappy". Why would you even go there CNRed?

Yes, the "ignorant" comment is directed toward someone like HuskerFowler ... who seems to think that he is the guru or that others like me are "ignorant". I can promise you this ... as a member for I think 7-8 years, and on this board for 8-9 years ... I am not a troll. I just think that if recruiting is such a "guessing game" ... as someone like HuskerFowler seems to admit ... that someone as ignorant as me can ask questions or be real in wondering why we are taking a particular player. I make no claim to be a guro or know it all.

Thats the way your posts come off. It comes off as your questioning why the hell he would commit here when UCLAs got such a great thing going. Well we have a pretty good thing going here.

I dont claim to be a guru, just do my homework on recruits, reading interviews from various sites, going over evaluations from coaches and anaylists, and watching film before i go and claim a recruit to be good or bad. That makes me smart, not a guru.

As a fireman, i have alot of downtime at work with not much else to do.

edit: got your PM and responded, hope we are now on the same page

If he does it will be interesting to hear the "why's". For me, with the direction UCLA is going, the nice pieces on offense and the amazing OL recruits this year ... my perception would be that the upside for UCLA is looking rather nice. I don't like our OL direction near as well as UCLA ... but as has been pointed out to me ... I'm "ignorant".

Honestly that is a little ignorant. Nebraska is one of the biggest suppliers of RB's to the NFL of any college. If I was a RB not being bias, Nebraska would have to be my top 3 right now. UCLA would not be in my top 3. I really think the only reason UCLA made it to the final two was the distance issue. I wouldn't want to play for Mora jr either. He and Kiffin are idiots. USC is going nowhere, and UCLA got a slight bump this year cause of the illusion that Mora would be good, but the entire UCLA program is a joke, and will start heading south next year.

You do realize Jonathan Franklin ran for over 1700 yds and 13 TD's pretty good offense to be a RB

I think ours is better and the backs have to be more versatile, which is why you do hear nfl scouts look hard at our prospects

With the talent we have stockpiled at RB i think we could become runningback u, come on down and be next in line Terrell!!!

Was just looking at different recruiting services and I don't understand how there is a such a difference in his position ranking. Obviously each site has there own opinion but can someone help me out with how Rivals can rank him 8th and ESPN in the 30's? I think it would be very tough to find 30 running backs in the nation better than this guy.

Was just looking at different recruiting services and I don't understand how there is a such a difference in his position ranking. Obviously each site has there own opinion but can someone help me out with how Rivals can rank him 8th and ESPN in the 30's? I think it would be very tough to find 30 running backs in the nation better than this guy.

ESPN sucks for recruiting. Rivals has it right.

That's what I was thinking. Just didn't understand how there was such a wide gap. :espnsucks:

That's why we have this:

:espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks:

Having Stanton leveraged this one big time Mark. Also, loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvesssssssss Lincoln.

Ya, it's stuff like that that I think will be fascinating to find out. We tend to see things so "RED" that we don't understand why a recruit won't choose us. I like this kid so much ... and he is rated so high ... that if we get him I'm real curious to hear the "why" ... maybe we can learn a few things that we can apply the next time we go up against UCLA. I was real high on a OL recruit that we lost out on to UCLA earlier when we lost to UCLA. At the time we seemed to be in the lead for his services and then the week after that game he committed to UCLA. We just seem to have to hit all cylinders on these top tier recruits to get them. Other programs have advantages we never will have. Nail this kid down with an :bigredn: please!!

Your really going to question why he is going to commit here?

No kidding! Some of you people will never be happy. We could win 3 NCs in a row but it would be a failure b/c it wasnt four. Your lives must suck and happiness is truly beyond your reach. Have a great sh**ty life!

Wow, jump on the guy and you have no reason to do so. I read what he wrote and I got it. It must have went over your heads.

I too would like to get in some of the bigger recruits heads and find out why they ended up picking us over some of the other top schools. Maybe use that as a benchmark on how to go after some of the other big recruits.

Think you guys over reacted on this one. Chill. :cheers

Not to be one to question this forum but rumors are floating around about a sudden interest in Arkansas. Joel Thomas, RB coach from UW will be joining the staff and has visited Terrell recently and seems to have sparked and interest in the young man. Arkansas seems to think he will set up an OV soon.

As I stated last night, from an interview last night, Newby is down to three schools. Arkansas is not in it as I stated. UCLA, NU, Oregon. Really it's between Nebraska and UCLA with Nebraska looking like they're going to get him. The coaches did an in-home with him today and Bo is visiting sometime soon to wrap it up. He said that he had interest in Arkansas but doesn't want to delay anymore and that it's too late for them.

Sorry if I came across a little rash, I'm really sick of all the guys who come in here and say negative things without knowing squat. Not saying that you don't just a little ticked. Again, my apologies if I sounded mean.

Not to be one to question this forum but rumors are floating around about a sudden interest in Arkansas. Joel Thomas, RB coach from UW will be joining the staff and has visited Terrell recently and seems to have sparked and interest in the young man. Arkansas seems to think he will set up an OV soon.

As I stated last night, from an interview last night, Newby is down to three schools. Arkansas is not in it as I stated. UCLA, NU, Oregon. Really it's between Nebraska and UCLA with Nebraska looking like they're going to get him. The coaches did an in-home with him today and Bo is visiting sometime soon to wrap it up. He said that he had interest in Arkansas but doesn't want to delay anymore and that it's too late for them.

Sorry if I came across a little rash, I'm really sick of all the guys who come in here and say negative things without knowing squat. Not saying that you don't just a little ticked. Again, my apologies if I sounded mean.

Sorry, didn't want to read all 9 pages I just ran across an article posted on the 3rd from an Arkansas blogger and then went to their message boards to see what was up. Mine was more of a question, not meant to make me seem ignorant or uninformed, just an observation and I was hoping someone had better news. Lay off the caffeine this late, please :mellow:

Sorry, didn't want to read all 9 pages I just ran across an article posted on the 3rd from an Arkansas blogger and then went to their message boards to see what was up. Mine was more of a question, not meant to make me seem ignorant or uninformed, just an observation and I was hoping someone had better news. Lay off the caffiene this late, please :mellow:

I wasn't directing at you, I'm really sorry if i came across as mean. Don't take it personally. I just spend a lot of downtime at work following recruiting. Really sorry if that offended you in any way, man. Didn't mean to.