Final props for Doc..

Even though I was one who really felt we HAD to make a change, I hope we all send Doc out with best wishes. Of course, he is now a millionaire so it might not inspire much sympathy, but (as dozens of posters have reiterated) he is a genuinely good guy and I wish it could have worked out for him.

The final proof of his character was revealed today when Miles told us he called him and how gracious Doc was. Then T.O. about lost it during the presser when he said that Doc called this morning to offer his help with anything Miles might need.

Good for you Doc and best of luck wherever you end up. You will always have fans in Nebraska.

I say this in "jest" but with a little sincerity.... I don't have a lot of trust in Boehm..... maybe TO should make Doc the associate AD in charge of BB.... I know Doc is a "coach" and would want to coach, but he seems to love UNL.... He and TO have a great relationship. Doc is a great person. Hire him, and train him to become the next AD.... just because he didn't "win" doesn't make him a bad person or leader. He never did anything to disgrace the university.

I say this in "jest" but with a little sincerity.... I don't have a lot of trust in Boehm..... maybe TO should make Doc the associate AD in charge of BB.... I know Doc is a "coach" and would want to coach, but he seems to love UNL.... He and TO have a great relationship. Doc is a great person. Hire him, and train him to become the next AD.... just because he didn't "win" doesn't make him a bad person or leader. He never did anything to disgrace the university.

I totally agree, and have said it before, Doc by all accounts is a real good guy and perhaps just too nice to coach at a university that wants to upgrade its program. Keep him in Lincoln and bump him up into the Athletic Dept.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I was thinking the same thing. i think/know they kept one of Danny nees assistiant and he was in the athlectic department. Unless he flat lied to me,that he was on nees staff. But when I was in his office the pictures on the wall looked like him. that was pretty classy to keep a basketball assisitant coach around.

I was thinking the same thing. i think/know they kept one of Danny nees assistiant and he was in the athlectic department. Unless he flat lied to me,that he was on nees staff. But when I was in his office the pictures on the wall looked like him. that was pretty classy to keep a basketball assisitant coach around.

Is there any real chance that Ozzie would do this and that Doc would accept?

T_O_B

G>B>R

I totally agree, and have said it before, Doc by all accounts is a real good guy and perhaps just too nice to coach at a university that wants to upgrade its program. Keep him in Lincoln and bump him up into the Athletic Dept.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I, too, said this same thing. What or where has Boehm been during this whole men's basketball debacle? We haven't seen or heard hardly anything from him, and it appears that Dr. Tom was the one driving the search the whole time.

And then we have Doc, who I have yet to hear a disparaging word about his character on or off the court. Yes, he didn't win, and yes, he should have been replaced as coach...but he's a good man, and he put his heart and soul into trying to make Nebraska Basketball into something great.

Give Doc the administrative keys that Boehm has seemingly fumbled or lost (provided Doc doesn't get a coaching spot), and let's use Doc's enthusiasm and can-do attitude to build this program up, both on and off the court. Doc has the PR part of this locked down pat, and he's a smart man--he can get a handle on the other stuff in short order, I'm sure.

But we *do* need to find a place for him.

Regarding Doc, like most here I too think Doc deserves respect for the class act that he is. He bled red and was obviously hurt and felt betrayed in the decision that this administration made. Time will tell if it was the right one. Doc, you carry yourself with an esteem and pride that is admirable. Your actions show genuine concern and your approach to the game is honorable. You leave the program in much better shape then it was when you signed and I for one respect you for it. For those that called for Doc's head... keep in mind that basketball is the most corrupt sport in all of college and Doc refused to lower his standards to that level. Let's hope Miles has these same qualities.

As for our Athletic department making a decision to replace Bohem. Personally I think we've never recovered from the lose of Burns. (A person mind you with vision.) TO though one hell of a football coach, doesn't equate into a successful AD. At least not in the "new" coaching hires. Pelini is hugely overrated, erstad is unproven and well... Miles is yet to bounce the pumpkin on the devaney floors. My hope is that Miles and Erstad have the success that Yori and Cook have had. (Two very good hires and props to the previous AD on those.) I also hope for two more years of mediocre football so we can finally rid ourselves a failed TO hire. TO had the opportunity to hire TCU's head coach Gary Patterson and screwed that up and his legacy as an AD hangs on two successes/fails. (How successful the department is in the BIG and if he can return the football program to a conference champion caliber team.)

I guess what I'm saying is, if you fire Bohem then TO's stay should also be on a short leash.

Doc your actions show genuine concern and your approach to the game is honorable. You leave the program in much better the same shape then that [fixed it] it was when you signed [signed what?] and I as the only one who respects you for the sad excuse of a BB team that you put on the floor for 6 long years. For those that called for Doc's head... keep in mind that basketball is the most corrupt sport in all of college and Doc refused to lower his standards to that level. Let's hope Miles has these same qualities. We called for his head because the product was truly mediocre.

As for our Athletic department making a decision to replace Bohem. Needs to be done. Personally I think we've never recovered from the lose of Burns. (A person mind you with vision.) Water over the bridge and it doesn't matter what you personally think. TO though one hell of a football coach, doesn't equate into a successful AD. T.O. will be thought of as successful if only because he ran Bill Callahan out of Lincoln. At least not in the "new" coaching hires. Pelini is hugely overrated, All Pelini did was take a less than mediocre football team with a losing attitude and win 9 games and a bowl appearence in short he turned that group of young men back into Huskers. Erstad is unproven and well... Erstad was a great punter for the Big RED and was an intrical part of the 95 National Championship team and he and his wife have donated millions to the University. He also had a very good career in Major League Baseball. Miles is yet to bounce the pumpkin on the Devaney floors. Again you should take a look at Tim Miles resume. My hope is that Miles and Erstad have the success that Yori and Cook have had. (Two very good hires and props to the previous AD on those.) Props to Pederson who did every thing he could to destroy the tradition that is Husker Football and he hired Callahan who it seemed couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper sack. I also hope for two more years of mediocre I will soon give you a defination of mediocre you are obviously un aware of it. football so we can finally rid ourselves another failed, Chile Plez TO hire. TO had the opportunity to hire TCU's head coach Gary Patterson and screwed that up and his legacy as an AD hangs on two successes/fails. (How successful the department is in the BIG and if he can return the football program to a conference champion caliber team.)

I guess what I'm saying is, if you fire Bohem then TO's stay should also be on a short leash. T.O.will never be on a short leash at Nebraska.

Definition of MEDIOCRE

: of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ordinary, so-so

external.jpg See mediocre defined for English-language learners »

See mediocre defined for kids »

Examples of MEDIOCRE

1. The dinner was delicious, but the dessert was mediocre.
  2. The carpenter did a mediocre job.
  3. The critics dismissed him as a mediocre actor.
  4. They sensed that mediocre students like Roosevelt really did possess a set of virtues that needed to be protected and cherished.

This hardly defines the team that Bo Pelini and his staff has put on the field.

5500712.jpeg Gary Patterson arrow.gifPosition:

Head Coach | 12th Season

arrow.gifAlma Mater:

Kansas State | 1983

Don't ever recall his name ever being mentioned.

Well this is enough fo now. As for you Mediocre Mary you have some research to do. Now off with you I tire of readinf what you think.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Hmm...

Huskers can't beat Texas or OU and the fan's call for Solich's head.

Pelini on the other hand also couldn't beat Texas, Michigan, Wisconsin and for Pete's sake, Northwestern.... Hasn't won a conference championship. Has a losing record against the top 25 (probably the top 30), had a chance to find an experienced Offensive Coordinator and chose not to but is loved by the fans. I call that a double standard. I also call that nothing more then middle of the pack and frankly, we aren't even a middle of the pack team in the SEC but rather a tier two team at best. In fact, we are barely a middle of the pack team in the BIG.. Michigan, Ohio St. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa and Northwestern are all predicted to pawn us next year. In my thinking any team staring at 6 losses is at best mediocre.

Another issue is recruiting... at least BC could recruit. Another fact is, Pelini seemingly has done more with BC's recruits then he's ever done with his own. He's now relegated to band aid patches in utilizing the juco's. When the vaunted Bo actually wins a meaningful game or two and lands the crown jewel recruit (he's lost both in the last two years) and wins a conference title then maybe I will begin attempting to apologize for his sideline conduct and snide presser comments. Until then Bo needs to humble himself and act his age.

Hmm...

Huskers can't beat Texas or OU and the fan's call for Solich's head.

Pelini on the other hand also couldn't beat Texas, Michigan, Wisconsin and for Pete's sake, Northwestern.... Hasn't won a conference championship. Has a losing record against the top 25 (probably the top 30), had a chance to find an experienced Offensive Coordinator and chose not to but is loved by the fans. I call that a double standard. I also call that nothing more then middle of the pack and frankly, we aren't even a middle of the pack team in the SEC but rather a tier two team at best. In fact, we are barely a middle of the pack team in the BIG.. Michigan, Ohio St. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa and Northwestern are all predicted to pawn us next year. In my thinking any team staring at 6 losses is at best mediocre.

Obviously you haven't done your research yet MM. Now again off with you.

T_O_B

G>B>R