Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

Biggs was offered because he will be a good player.. not just to get Agau in here.

hmmm i beg to differ, maybe not *just to get Agau in here, but i bet it accounts for a large chunk of reasoning

Biggs was offered because he will be a good player.. not just to get Agau in here.

hmmm i beg to differ, maybe not *just to get Agau in here, but i bet it accounts for a large chunk of reasoning

I dont see it really.... They're not related.. they were teammates, but i dont think that does much seeing that Agau is from this state and his family/friends are all 45 minutes away if he comes to Lincoln.

I dont know the relationship Biggs/Agau have.. but i assume that Biggs talent landed him here and nothing more.

"We pretty much talked about wherever I go, he’ll go,” Biggs said. “We want to play with each other again.”

Biggs was offered as a legitimate D-1 prospect. Period.

However, if Agau is influenced by his decision.............that is icing on the cake for Husker fans.

I would hope that IF Agau ends up somewhere else, fans don't think the offer to Biggs was a mistake.

Because, irrespective of Agau's future, Biggs is as good as we've recruited in a while.

jmho

However, if Agau is influenced by his decision.............that is icing on the cake for Husker fans.

I would hope that IF Agau ends up somewhere else, fans don't think the offer to Biggs was a mistake.

Because, irrespective of Agau's future, Biggs is as good as we've recruited in a while.

jmho

have you seen him play?

jmho

have you seen him play?

he was a JUCO all-american.. so i would argue he is a D-1 talent......

jmho

have you seen him play?

Yes, in high school........

Plus I think Flatwater's response in the post above is broadly accurate....

(not quibbling with you by the way..........I just think it's important to note that Biggs is worth a scholly on his own.....with or without Agau)

Bigg is a juco all american player. He is certainly has B1G athleticism. We have no experienced pg's returning next year. In general we are trying to lock down Nebraska talent offering a Central alum is a great way to start.

THIS.

Biggs was a stud at Central. Believe he dropped 32 in the title game his senior year and then dumped the ball down to Akoy in the closing seconds for the winning basket after having everyone collapse on him.. The guy also high jumped 6'9. Any thoughts that the reason he got an offer for Akoy is pure crap. Seriously dumb.

Bigg is a juco all american player. He is certainly has B1G athleticism. We have no experienced pg's returning next year. In general we are trying to lock down Nebraska talent offering a Central alum is a great way to start.

THIS.

Biggs was a stud at Central. Believe he dropped 32 in the title game his senior year and then dumped the ball down to Akoy in the closing seconds for the winning basket after having everyone collapse on him.. The guy also high jumped 6'9. Any thoughts that the reason he got an offer for Akoy is pure crap. Seriously dumb.

Ok Biggs can be good, maybe great, BUT all signs are showing that MAJORITY of the reason he got brought in here was Agau, i find it hard to believe Miles would legitamely go after this kid if Agau didnt exist, and or wasnt friends with him. We need all the talent we can have. He would be playing right off the bat if he was some stud. He is most likely going to redshirt in order to get Agua, i think that says it all

THIS.

Ok Biggs can be good, maybe great, BUT all signs are showing that MAJORITY of the reason he got brought in here was Agau, i find it hard to believe Miles would legitamely go after this kid if Agau didnt exist, and or wasnt friends with him. We need all the talent we can have. He would be playing right off the bat if he was some stud. He is most likely going to redshirt in order to get Agua, i think that says it all

Umm.....no. Grades kept him from going D1 out of HS. Otherwise he would have been here already. Again there is no proven PG that was on the roster when Miles took over. Obviously a need was met. Think about it this way in regards to Biggs playing next fall, if you were in his shoes and had the opportunity to play in a brand new arena for two years instead of one, with the added bonus of playing with a good friend for those two years as well, would you redshirt, Next fall is going to be a throw away year unfortunately and many people know this.

And to correct myself Biggs cleared 7 foot as a HS high jumper

THIS.

Umm.....no. Grades kept him from going D1 out of HS. Otherwise he would have been here already. Again there is no proven PG that was on the roster when Miles took over. Obviously a need was met. Think about it this way in regards to Biggs playing next fall, if you were in his shoes and had the opportunity to play in a brand new arena for two years instead of one, with the added bonus of playing with a good friend for those two years as well, would you redshirt, Next fall is going to be a throw away year unfortunately and many people know this.

And to correct myself Biggs cleared 7 foot as a HS high jumper

i become nervous when i try to get hyped for these guys because they always end up mediocre. i heard the same thing about how great b rich and mccray were, the sole fact is they can start for us, but they wont be a difference maker. lance jeter was the only difference maker we have had in the last 5 years