Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

So your contention is that a basketball player is more mature as a junior, but a football player is not ??

no, i didn't mean just football, sorry for the confusion, i think that in all sports they shouldn't be allowed to sign before their senior year. It's a mess to deal with the NCAA if you want out of your signed LOI.

Frankly, I don't think they should allow colleges to make offers or even talk to the kids before their Junior year. USC offered a scholarship to 13 year old QB. I find that disturbing. I'm okay with colleges talking to Juniors as some do their visits the summer before their senior season, so that they don't have their schooling impacted.

My thoughts are you have a signing period a week before each school semester. That way a kid can commit early if they want if they are tired of the calls. That will help minimize distractions so that they can go to school.

So your contention is that a basketball player is more mature as a junior, but a football player is not ??

no, i didn't mean just football, sorry for the confusion, i think that in all sports they shouldn't be allowed to sign before their senior year. It's a mess to deal with the NCAA if you want out of your signed LOI.

Yeah, I figured that was what you meant. Just having some fun.

But, I do believe that IF there is an early signing period in one sport, it should be considered in the others. We expend a LOT of energy and resources continuing to re-recruit athletes.

I am not holding my breath on Akoy. It's clear he will take his time. He sounds like a thoughtful kid and will make a thoughtful decision after he has sorted through it all. He has a lot to mull over. I can only hope that he decides on the Huskers, but whatever he decides I hope that he is happy and has a good career.

http://www.omaha.com...-1-for-nu-staff

Smith to coach bigmen, Johnson will coach the guards, Harriman to do both. Also a nice article on Harriman in the OWH. Interesting to read that Miles interviewed other b1g coaches for the position but ultimately concluded these were the guys that were the best fit. Time will tell what kind of synergy this staff can put together. I like the staff. They need to reel in some high profile guys now.

Radio interview with Miles said that he will look at the Juco ranks to fill the last 2 scholarships. I hope they sign 1 and save 1 for next year.

I think they need a big forward. Jameel McKay, Yannick Moriera and Luke Cothorn might be players that fit the bill. If they do want to go get another player Karrington Ward and Chris Jones are 2 guys that might help.

Here's a guy that they should check out!

http://espn.go.com/b...ets-his-release

Dorian Finley Smith is a transfer that is loaded with talent. They should push for him.

What ever happened to the CSU commits that we thought would follow smiles here? Did they not get their scholarship release? Did they go else where?

(null)

Coach Miles told them it would be best if they honor their commitments to CSU. Classy move, but sucks for a kid if a coaching staff member was one of/top reason for said commitment.