Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

Yeah I would like to think he could stay in state, but UCONN is a special offer. Not holding out much hope on this one.

Isn't UConn in trouble? And I wouldn't count on the stability of that coaching staff! I don't know how much rope Calhoun has but he has expended some of it. Sanctions and Calhouns on going health issues could be a stickin point in our attempt to sway him.

From what i have heard, he was going to UCONN if he got an offer... I would say our odds are at like 15%

That's what I've heard as well. He gone,,,

As for the NCAA, I'm not sure of everything, but I think UCONN will be ineligible for postseason play next year. If it is only next year, then this will not affect him at all.

It's still UCONN guys...

Akoy has said that is his dream school. If the tables were turned and it was a football player from Connecticut that said Nebraska was his dream school how many of you would worry about UCONN football winning out once Nebraska offered?

While Nebrasketball seems to be headed in the right direction it is still Nebraska basketball. We still need to prove ourselves on the court and in the stands, the facilities are done it is time for our players, coaches and us fans to show these big time recruits we mean business. Until then we can't expect recruits to turn down perennial powerhouse programs for :bigredn: its just not realistic.

Still want you here Akoy Agau! Maybe he can prove me wrong!

It's still UCONN guys...

Akoy has said that is his dream school. If the tables were turned and it was a football player from Connecticut that said Nebraska was his dream school how many of you would worry about UCONN football winning out once Nebraska offered?

While Nebrasketball seems to be headed in the right direction it is still Nebraska basketball. We still need to prove ourselves on the court and in the stands, the facilities are done it is time for our players, coaches and us fans to show these big time recruits we mean business. Until then we can't expect recruits to turn down perennial powerhouse programs for :bigredn: its just not realistic.

Still want you here Akoy Agau! Maybe he can prove me wrong!

i liked how you put that, and that's exactly true. We need to prove to be a force in the B1G if we want to start getting big names in here.

Lots of water will flow under the bridge between now and signing day for all 3 concerned parties. Akoy could be swayed by a number of things. Biggs will be talking to him more than likely, as will Miles. UConn could find themselves in more violations if the NCAA pursues their issues. Calhouns health isn't the best and while I wish him well, one bad Dr's find could cause him to retire.

Lots of water will flow under the bridge between now and signing day for all 3 concerned parties. Akoy could be swayed by a number of things. Biggs will be talking to him more than likely, as will Miles. UConn could find themselves in more violations if the NCAA pursues their issues. Calhouns health isn't the best and while I wish him well, one bad Dr's find could cause him to retire.

isnt akoy only a junior this year? that means his signing day is over a year away

isnt akoy only a junior this year? that means his signing day is over a year away

I believe there is an early signing period sometime this fall.

Yes. In basketball.

Yes. In basketball.

Which begs the question...........why not football? It would save a lot of time and expense to not have to keep re-recruiting guys until February.

Yes. In basketball.

Which begs the question...........why not football? It would save a lot of time and expense to not have to keep re-recruiting guys until February.

because it's not fair to a kid if he has a change in heart, especially when it comes to spending your college career. A sophomore or Junior in high school is not as mature as a Senior ready to graduate and go forward with his life