What would you consider a 'Great Spring Game'

As we approach the Spring Game, I was wondering what Nebraska fans consider a 'great Spring Game'? Is it where the starting offense plays against the starting defense? or is it more wanting to see what the new kids can bring to the table. Since we're being televised this year, what do we want to show the B10? What constitutes a great Spring Game?

The Spring Game has to be taken as nothing more than a fun time in the sun with something resembling football as the entertainment. It's not ever going to be a real game - it's just an excuse to get out and enjoy spring after a (usually) crummy winter, get a tailgate in, and alleviate some of the boredom in the off-season.

As far as the "game" goes, I'd like to see the 1s-v-1s, with both units making some good plays.

I think it would start with no injuries!

After that I just want to see progress. The defense was not as good as we want it to be for large chunks of last year we need to see development there. Maybe I am just too optimistic but I think we may not have the star power we had last year but I think we could be a better team overall this coming year on the defensive side of the ball. Gotta get healthy on the DL and get people to fill in and step up in the back 7 but could be pretty good.

I personally think we have the potential of being a pretty special offense this year. I think we have about as good of offensive skill position players as we have had in a while, if the offensive line can come together we could be pretty tough to stop.

1s v 1s. The spring game is a great opportunity for recruiting. The more appealing it is to the fans, the bigger "production" it can become...the better off we are. It's a scrimmage, but it should be used as an opportunity to to be something more...something centered around the fans as well as the game. The fans are one of our greatest assets when it comes to recruiting. Get 10 4* and 5* guys in here for the game, and let em see 80,000 show up to a scrimmage (that wasn't free to get in to). Let em walk the stadium realizing that before they even played a down of football their HS senior year - half the fan base already knows their name.

I'd like to see Taylor get very little work, actually. Same for Rex. Let's see the improvement Martinez has made in his footwork - or, at least, that it's improving, and put him on the sideline signalling in plays. Let Rex have one carry and bench him. We know what we have in those two, at least on the ground.

I want to see that Carnes has improved, and that we're not going to fall off a cliff if Martinez gets banged up again. I want to know (not just suspect) that AA and Green can carry the load if (God forbid) Rex gets hurt.

I want to know that the O Line has improved.

I want to see the D Line do something magical, and I want to see that carry over to the regular season. Last year Eric Martin knifed through the O Line like a hot knife through butter several times in the Spring Game, then largely disappeared in the regular season.

• Fire 1

No injuries. Good linebacker play. A nice long field goal. Of say, 50+ yards. :)

That said, it's impossible to judge the quality of a team or individual players based on a scrimmage. Seems like every year we have a spring game hero who doesn't show up in the fall.