Louis Farrakhan: "Jesus was a black man" ..."he was a Muslim"

Because it was an article on the Blaze (Glenn Beck's venture) and linked from Drudge I wanted to see it for myself in the video and he did indeed actually say it...

"You're not trained to accept wisdom from a black person no matter how wise that person is, Jesus was a black man because Jesus said "not my will but god's will", you know how we say that in Arabic? Islam, he was a Muslim."

farrakhan1.jpg

Just to start off I understand the commonly floated perspective in Islam that more or less says that a "Muslim" is one who submits to God so in their view Abraham was also a Muslim but still, it comes off as

:facepalm:

Oh, of course. I guess I mean skin color. There are black Jews, right?

Well of course we have no concrete evidence because there are no DNA samples (to my knowledge) or photographs of Jesus like most figures in antiquity. For all we know Caesar and Atilla were black...I doubt it because I feel as if that would have been mentioned, frequently, and in many sources. For all three men we don't have anything like that so I have to assume that those men looked similar to and were members of the groups surrounding them.

Most Jews, now and especially then, shared certain physical characteristics and genetic markers that don't fit our contemporary understanding of what it is to be 'black.'

To my understanding 'Black Jews' were not found in the area now known as Israel prior to the establishment of that state. 'Black Jews' were either the descendants of Jews who migrated to Ethiopia and the surrounding areas following one of the many Jewish diasporas who then mixed with the local population or were Ethiopian Christians who overtime or out of conflict with other Christians adopted Judaism. That seems to be what is now thought and a number of studies indicate that genetically 'black' Jews are not actually descended from other ethnic Jews. Jesus could only have been a 'black' Jew if he were born in Israel sometime after 1979.

Oh, of course. I guess I mean skin color. There are black Jews, right?

Yes.. Sammy Davis Jr was black, and a Jew...

Talk about a man who overcame many social stigmas of his day, Sammy Davis Jr was black, Jewish and handicapped! Sarcasm aside, it seems like Louis Farrakhan loves to keep his name in the news.

Talk about a man who overcame many social stigmas of his day, Sammy Davis Jr was black, Jewish and handicapped! Sarcasm aside, it seems like Louis Farrakhan loves to keep his name in the news.

Like Rev Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, Bill Maher, Ann Coulter, and the rest of the mouth breathing morons...

Sharpton and Jackson were just in Tulsa over a shooting. North Tulsa is a bad place for gang violence. But this was about two young non black men that shot five black men in retaliation for killing one these two mens father. They are pushing it very hard as a hate crime.