Christopherson's Two-Deep Educated Guess - Offense

you can plug westerkamp in there for one of jamal's spots on the second team

since he's proven so much as Husker thus far...

Pretty sure I heard Bo say that he was one of the wr's that was stepping in and making an early impression on him during one of the Nebraska On Demand interviews, so onlyHskrfaninIL might actually be on to something there. I would say putting Westerkamp in Jamal's second spot makes more sense than having one guy in two spots on the two deep. I would also say that from that interview Westerkamp is a highly likely candidate for that spot.

What happened to Jamal Turner?

He's perfectly fine from the neck down. Got some work to do between the ears.

Not true. He actually was pressing to be pretty damn close to the #1 spot at one point as far as understanding the offense and the plays. He was injured twice in spring ball. Talking with him he said it shook his confidence a touch because you're not only thinking about the play but if you'll hurt yourself more. I would guess after this summer he'll be full speed and challenging again.

Not true. He actually was pressing to be pretty damn close to the #1 spot at one point as far as understanding the offense and the plays. He was injured twice in spring ball. Talking with him he said it shook his confidence a touch because you're not only thinking about the play but if you'll hurt yourself more. I would guess after this summer he'll be full speed and challenging again.

I knew when I posted that his hammy issue would come up. Should have said his issue was mostly between the ears.

We don't call them injuries. We call them Bo's Doghouse.

• Fire 1

Pretty sure I heard Bo say that he was one of the wr's that was stepping in and making an early impression on him during one of the Nebraska On Demand interviews, so onlyHskrfaninIL might actually be on to something there. I would say putting Westerkamp in Jamal's second spot makes more sense than having one guy in two spots on the two deep. I would also say that from that interview Westerkamp is a highly likely candidate for that spot.

I don't think he's not on campus yet.

You must be new to the board. On here, you are automatically gifted with a starting spot based on potential and being a great athlete. You don't actually have to prove anything.

OK. Fine ... I'll do it ... :sarcasm

Exhibit A of that is actually our quarterback, so it isn't an entirely unrealistic expectation that the staff wants to maximize sheer speed and explosiveness on the field, limit the scope of what the offense does, and base it all around just making those guys 'go.'

If Westercamp gets to campus shortly after graduation so he can practice with his teammates and start learning the plays he may get on the field this year. It's way to early to even think he'll star this year. I don't think this is an easy system to learn and we know how Bo loves players who don't fully know the system. :sarcasm What the coaches may do is work him into 5 or 6 plays and get him on the field for those. Then next year he'll have a spring game and the whole summer to learn what he needs to know.

If Westercamp gets to campus shortly after graduation so he can practice with his teammates and start learning the plays he may get on the field this year. It's way to early to even think he'll star this year. I don't think this is an easy system to learn and we know how Bo loves players who don't fully know the system. :sarcasm What the coaches may do is work him into 5 or 6 plays and get him on the field for those. Then next year he'll have a spring game and the whole summer to learn what he needs to know.

i would rather see the kid redshirt a year then him get worked into 5 or 6 plays to get him on the field and unnecessarily burn another redshirt

Rarely do we burn redshirts on players who are not looking to be immediate impact players. And the ones that we do probably have more to do with the players request or the specific position. Most people know that a WR/RB can most generally come in and play at least a few plays right away. Its route running and hitting holes as the play asks, and I think CB's for the most part can be played early too. Positions that need more time to develop are Oline & Dline (Strength, Size, and Conditioning), QB (i hope this is obvious), and LB (size, knowledge of the d, and instincts?), possibly safety depending on the scheme, they can read and react for the most part, but knowing when they are deep cover, run cover, zone or man can be pretty important in the scheme of a defense. But I agree if a player is not going to be a pretty important part of the offense it would seem more important to get him into our offensive play book before unleashing the beast, because we already have some pretty solid WR's atm.

Exhibit A of that is actually our quarterback, so it isn't an entirely unrealistic expectation that the staff wants to maximize sheer speed and explosiveness on the field, limit the scope of what the offense does, and base it all around just making those guys 'go.'

Exhibit A, even at the the far, far, far more difficult position to learn than exhibit B (wr) at least usually knew what direction the play was designed for and even (*gasp*) knew what direction he was supposed to go.

I know, I know.....even with that, even with dropped passes, even without having the ability (or knowledge) of knowing who to "try" to block surely must have been in Bo's "doghouse" because Bo s*cks. Blah, blah, blah.....