OT J.D. Hinnant [Cal Commit]

Nexus

I emailed his dad, asked him to inform me if there was a donation link. His reply wasn't about the donation link request but instead he spoke positively about the health of his son and how he's recovering and will soon be home. He also congratulated our beloved Huskers on the win over MSU and signed off with Go Big Red!!

God Bless the entire Family and Best wish for a full and Speedy recovery JD :)

I emailed his dad, asked him to inform me if there was a donation link. His reply wasn't about the donation link request but instead he spoke positively about the health of his son and how he's recovering and will soon be home. He also congratulated our beloved Huskers on the win over MSU and signed off with Go Big Red!!

It's an unfortunate situation for the guy, but you don't want to be committing any recruiting violations.

It's an unfortunate situation for the guy, but you don't want to be committing any recruiting violations.

If that's an NCAA violation, then so be it. Some things are more important than football and WAY more important than silly rules.

If that's an NCAA violation, then so be it. Some things are more important than football and WAY more important than silly rules.

Perhaps an appropriate response would be to use this event as a catalyst to donate to a local hospital? My guess is the only reason you know of this guy is because of the recruiting process, that doesn't mean there aren't other needs out there. It sucks that there's potential for stuff like that to be a recruiting process, but rules and rules and sometimes you just have to abide by them.