SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Here is the video of Katy's semi-final game against Cibolo Steele. I know it's a lot of time to watch the whole game. So, if you want to see some hard running from Adam Taylor you might fast forward to the second half. That is where Katy's qb broke his leg on the opening drive of the 2nd half and 2 O-linemen went out with injuries. The play book was severly limited offensively to Taylor left, right and up the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW2kg5nFpFk

In this game, again, Taylor physically pulled the Katy Tigers across the finish line

to put them in the Championship game. This kid is just so much fun to watch. We will surely miss him here at Katy, but I'm sure the Huskers can find a place to put his talent and power to good use. This kid can absolutely deliver when his number is called.

EZ_E ... Watch the second half of the Cibolo Steele game. Adam is a very serious young man. He was

benching 395lbs last spring. That is almost twice his weight ... that takes a serious work ethic.

It also takes a tremendous effort and a lot of dedication to come off an ACL and perform the way he did this year. This kid is driven to be the best he can because he feels he owes it to his team mates. If the Katy Football Program does anything it builds character and team first attitude in all the players. If a player does not have those attributes you most likely not see him playing under the "Friday Night Lights"

for Katy. If you have ever seen any of Coach Josephs interviews you will be able to tell he is all about the kids and building character so they may become more productive people after they leave.

EZ_E ... I would doubt Coach Joseph has your coaches number on speed dial or for that matter any other major DIV I coaches number on speed dial. traditionally the Katy coaching staff stays away from promoting their players. They are friendly and will talk to any coach that would call and want some info on any specific player. If the UN would stop by and make a social call on Coach J (that's what we call him) I would imagine Coach J would take some time and make them feel welcome and show them around. For just being a high school program I would think your coaching staff would be very impressed by what we have at Katy.

From the weight training facilities to the amount of space they allocate to football. We actually have what some folks refer to as a campus which also includes livestock and a rodeo arena.

If some of you die hard Huskers want to have a hoot you should go to Google Earth and key in

6331 Highway Blvd in Katy, TX. You can zoom in and just look at how many football practice fields we have.

We take our football very seriously down here. We as boosters here in Katy have to pony up a lot of money

that the school district doesn't provide for things like rebuilding the pads more often. Most teams in the district only play 10-11 games in a season while Katy seems to be playing 14,15,16 games a season and also

because the Katy players hit harder and more often. If DIV I coaches would take some time they would find out that Katy really is a football factory ... only the coaches have never promoted the players. We have 2 fr. teams, 2 soph teams, JV and varsity and about 500 kids in the program

That was really a sin for them to down grade Adam. However by the end of the State Championship game, those folks were eating a ton of crow as he was named the games MVP

EZ_E Coach J is very easy to talk to and will take time for about anyone who wants to learn more about Katy. After seeing this video you will know what I mean. Had the camera crew not been there, I would guess Coach J would have much rather taken a baseball bat up the side of this guys head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FnqOrrwxN0

My comment was made more as a joke, but I'd loveto get more guys from Katy to Lincoln. Any underclassmen we should watch for?

EZ_E If you want to see a star in the making ... keep an eye on Soph Rodney Anderson. When Adam went down early in the first game last season with the ACL, They brought Rodney in, a freshman as starting RB. I can't remember when a freshman ever started at RB for Katy. First 2 times he touched the ball he put it in the endzone. He is dangerous as a kick return guy and has taken several to the house this year. He is also a good receiver and if you can put him in space he's gone. He has natural football instincts. If you could see his father and his uncle(who plays in the NFL) you will know this kid will be a hoss.

Ya'll missed out on Matt Dimon DE 6'4"-250lb. He is a beast and can blow up plays before they get started.

If you watched the video of the Katy v Cibolo Steele game ... you would see him rush the QB, tip the ball

up and catch it and take it to the house. It was funny watching the Steele QB trying to tackle him ... he

just kind of swatted him down like a fly. He committed to OU and they are tickled pink. But you never know,

might just throw an offer to him and see. I know he loves playing with Adam.

We have a couple LB's that are JR's that will be good ones next year. You might google Rodney Anderson to see if anyone has posted any highlight videos of him. By the time Rodney is a senior his numbers could rival Taylor's. Remember his name you will see it in lights some day. He is a very quiet and humble kid

with a lot of talent. The Katy offense will be built around him next year

The coaches here won't try to influence the players choice as where to play, but they will give you all the

info they have along with an honest accessment. You never know how helpful Coach J will be in helping you spot talent. Keep faith with the one you have and you never know how wide the doors may open. Coach J keeps track of the players, talks to them and when they can make it back to Katy for a game they are always invited down on the sidelines and sometimes they are in the locker room giving the guys a pep talk at half time.

Another Katy player you may have heard of is Micheal Stokjvic. He led Eastern Washington to the national championship in their division. Also led Katy to another State Championship in 2007.

Not a knock on AT at all but I can't pinpoint something that makes him flashy or stand out in my opinion. He just seems to be an overall great combination of skills, and does multiple things well. His running style reminds me of adrian peterson if anybody. I'm excited to have him because there is something to be said for running train consistently on the best & most competitive high school classification in the country (Texas 5A).

Here is a short clip of Rodney Anderson. Keep in mind that this kid is only maybe 15

and hasn't finished his first week in high school and all of a sudden he is on the field playing for one of Texas greatest football programs.

Looks pretty good for a freshman. Has a lot of potential, we will have to keep tabs on him over the next couple years.

Sir Alexander Henery

If you want to be flashy and add a little show-boating, you won't be spending any time between the hash marks ... you will be on the sidelines keeping the bench warm. It may run counter to the current culture,

But at Katy you are taught to work hard, practice hard, play hard and to the whistle. It is drilled into the players that they represent the school and the community and they are to act respectfully to all ...

especially their parents

• Fire 1
Sir Alexander Henery

If you want to be flashy and add a little show-boating, you won't be spending any time between the hash marks ... you will be on the sidelines keeping the bench warm. It may run counter to the current culture,

But at Katy you are taught to work hard, practice hard, play hard and to the whistle. It is drilled into the players that they represent the school and the community and they are to act respectfully to all ...

especially their parents

We want more players from Katy and I am being 100% sincere when I say Coach J and Coach Pelini sound like they are cut from the same cloth. Never meet a more straight up honest guy than Pelini with recruits. It hurts us sometimes.

Sir Alexander Henery

especially their parents

tumblr_lwobmpkPmB1r6aoq4o1_400.gif