SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

For those of you not from Texas... I want you to look at this high school stadium in Dallas. It's double decked on one side. Is a horseshoe bowl shape with concrete stands in the ground. It has a videoboard, seats 18,000 and is sold out for all home games for the next 2 years. Now, this stadium is Allen High School's stadium. It's about 15min from where Rex Played in High School.

I say all this to put Texas high school football in perspective. Katy High School is near Houston (5 hrs away). They are one of the top 3 programs in the state year in and year out. They pack 15,000 for their games and their fans are as loyal as Husker fans. When they play in the state Championship... they play at Cowboys Stadium and the 2 teams playing will easily bring 30,000-40,000. So for us to get Adam Taylor is a HUGE get. Just to make in's with that program is huge for us.

369c0abad58a9e6bf530d146fb840683.jpg

Quit making stuff up. This is K-State's stadium with "Allen" photoshopped in the endzones.

• Fire 1

For those of you not from Texas... I want you to look at this high school stadium in Dallas. It's double decked on one side. Is a horseshoe bowl shape with concrete stands in the ground. It has a videoboard, seats 18,000 and is sold out for all home games for the next 2 years. Now, this stadium is Allen High School's stadium. It's about 15min from where Rex Played in High School.

I say all this to put Texas high school football in perspective. Katy High School is near Houston (5 hrs away). They are one of the top 3 programs in the state year in and year out. They pack 15,000 for their games and their fans are as loyal as Husker fans. When they play in the state Championship... they play at Cowboys Stadium and the 2 teams playing will easily bring 30,000-40,000. So for us to get Adam Taylor is a HUGE get. Just to make in's with that program is huge for us.

Quit making stuff up. This is K-State's stadium with "Allen" photoshopped in the endzones.

K State wishes their stadium was as nice as this. This is unbelievable for a HS stadium, I live in CA and we play good HS football over here, but not in anything even close to a stadium like that!

Our former sports guy is working at a small radio station chain in the Lubbock area now, and he found out firsthand what things are like in Texas when it comes to the Friday night lights. High school football is a religion down there.

Just to have a few kids interested in coming from Texas up here to play college ball is huge, but I can understand the appeal. They know that our passion for college football is a lot like the passion for high school football there.

that could have bought a lot of books and paid a lot of teachers

I bet it will. Sellouts of 18,000 bring in a lot of money.

I bet it will. Sellouts of 18,000 bring in a lot of money.

hope so i read some where that this stadium cost like 60 million dollars to make, just sayin that 60 million could have gone towards better things at that school like things that help the kids learn

All that is missing is an octogenarian gimping along the sidelines eye-hurling daggers at Bo and an annoying P.A. announcer incessantly trilling "that's another wildcat FIRST DOWN"........

girlknowsfootball said

As a loyal Katy fan, I think it would be a benefit for Katy as well as Nebraska for Nebraska to have an open door at Katy HS. I think there may be some players at Katy that may not fit the exact template that the Nebraske coaches are looking for as far as Ht, Wt, speed, etc. However the intangibles that come with

these Katy players may give your coaches pause to provide an opportunity for a Katy player that may not otherwise may not have been given.

So, that being said, maybe a few of you Husker fans that live in the Houston area might want to come to film night and get a dose of our culture. The rules are: It is open for all and all are welcome. You may see some film and comments fron the coaching staff that may cause you to take a closer look at some of our players. All the position coaches will be there and will make comments as they roll thru the Championship Game video. They will show you why or why a play did not work. You will get a good understanding

about the character, discipline, fundamentals and team first attitude that is built into these Katy players.

This film night will also be a validation of Caoch Joseph's old school coaching philosophy. Expect a standing room only crowd and a red faced Coach J. when he enters the room to a thunderous standing ovation. If you ever get him off the gridiron you'll find

he really is a quiet, respectful and very humble guy. It is always a lot of fun and you will find out that at Katy it really is about the "kids". If you get to know and respect out football culture at Katy ... you will be surprised how accessible our program is.

Ya'll come, it is always fun.

TAKE A LEFT AT THE SCHOOL DISTRICT BLDG AND A RIGHT BEFORE THE BASEBALL FIELD AND ALL THE WAY TO THE END AND FIELD HOUSE WILL BE ON THE RIGHT. OH, and wear red, but they will let you in no matter what color you wear. I'm sure spirit gear will be available

so you can do some shopping if you wish

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=6331+highway+blvd+katy+tx&hl=en&ll=29.780712,-95.832539&spn=0.012254,0.01442&hnear=6331+Highway+Blvd,+Katy,+Texas+77494&t=m&z=16