SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

• 2 weeks later...

Article in the OWH this morning on Nate, said he was up to 218 and the only reason he didnt graduate early was because of track. Also said he is football player that runs track, not the other way around. Kid is blazing fast for someone that size. Even if he did slow down from his reported 10.39 (SD state record is 10.37) he is still really fast and would make a great saftey, with the size to help out in run support. I hope he turns out like Matt Ohanlon, say what you want but Matt was a great tackler, and ended up doing really well for us, i loved how Matt would fly up and make the tackle. Im excited for Nate, i think hes going to do some good things and be a solid saftey for us. I can see him forgoing a RS and getting some PT towards the middle of the year. Be interesting to see if they keep him light enough for saftey, or add some weight for LB. Because of our talent at LB i hope he stays a Saftey.

I think BO is going to be lienent with RS this year. We have the schedule for it, and we will have youth all over the field on D...open it up to the best players freshman or rs freshman and get all the kids some PT, especially if their phsically ready to play or close. We need all these young kids to get PT for us to be any good on D the next couple of years, we are really young. More and more kids are coming out ready to play earlier and earlier, let em play.

edit: article posted above

I definitely agree with you. I was just trying to clarify that most High School times are not electronic other than at the state track meet. Nathan is a great talent and I love South Dakota kids. They are just like Nebraska kids. Hard working!

http://sd.milesplit....8466-nate-gerry

Thanks for the link, your right must have been hand held, or just earlier before he gained more weight. I imagine if he didnt lift for football he would be faster for track. Wish he would have came in January if hes up to 218 like the article said, he will pry slow down a bit more i would imagine. Be interesting to see what weight they want him at, my cuz is a scout team saftey and they are keeping him at 204.

Love is listed at 6'1 215 same size as Gerry maybe a bit shorter. Doubt we want a 6'1 DE

Are you talking to yourself again?

could be getting into the LB range. I am thinking that one of the LB could be moved to DE. I am thinking Love would be the best candidate for that

We are really short at the DE position, but I am not so sure Love would be the best candidate for DE. Love seems like a MLB to me. Maybe Banderas?

Martin was 6-2 216 coming out of high school. Maybe Banderas is a candidate for eventually moving to DE. But it Gerry is 6-2 218. Maybe he is the next Eric Martin!?!?!?!?

How about someone who we are actually recruiting/recruited to play DE. AJ Natter, Randy Gregory, Avery Moss, Greg Mcmullen, or Ernest Suttles

Martin was 6-2 216 coming out of high school. Maybe Banderas is a candidate for eventually moving to DE. But it Gerry is 6-2 218. Maybe he is the next Eric Martin!?!?!?!?

I thought he was more of a cover LB, at least that's what I gathered from the article months back when he and his dad would talk about how Josh would be able to cover him but his dad said Josh would have no shot if the old man was engaged blocking him. But shoot, whatever makes the team better.

How about someone who we are actually recruiting/recruited to play DE. AJ Natter, Randy Gregory, Avery Moss, Greg Mcmullen, or Ernest Suttles

McMullen is a DT now isn't he. I don't think Suttles is N yet. But Bo moves players all the time. Eric Martin from OLB to DE. Cam DE to DT, Steinkuhler from OL to DT, Baptiste from WR to CB. Bo does it all the time. If he is bringing in as many LB's as he has over the last couple of years and we are deep at that position Bo will do it again. He takes a lot of players from positions we are deep in and put them into position we have little depth at. I would be surprised if one of the LB we have recruited over the last two years doesn't end up at DE. I wouldn't be surprised if Gerry becomes a LB either