SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

Seriously, no offense to Micah, but that was a token scolly offer to an instate kid when TO took over. TO was basically the guy who offered him before Bo got here. It was kind of a 'lets start the healing with instate coaches and players' so we could get the walkon program started again.

Gerry will play, and if he is smart along with his athletic ability i would be surprised if he doesnt start. See Cassidy and O'hanlon.

Not to start a tissy, but comparing him to two walk on guys, especialy Cassidy, is an insult to Gerry. He is leagues ahead of them athletically, especially Cassidy, along with having more size. I know football is much more than being a good athlete, but I feel people are failing to comprehend that Gerry is the best pure athlete in this class, if not in the entire country.

He is an impressive athlete. I would not however even come close to calling him the best athlete in the entire country though. Goodness

What say you now? 3rd fastest 100 m time in the country at 220.

P.S. all in good fun

Hedley is nutzo when it comes to this guy, as this guy is a monster. that kinda speed at that size is unreal. That lets you know that not only does he have the speed but he can maintain it. At 220 that is CRAZY, and anyone who can't see that is bonkers.

It was actually 10.28 but they rounded up. Thats insane. Someone on another site said he would have placed 23rd in the last Oylmpics with that time. Wonder if they try and keep him at that weight for saftey or move him to LB. Another 10 of 15lbs and maybe lose a step. If he gets naturally bigger as he gets older, he could turn into the next Brian Urlacher.

I would love to see him stay at Saftey with that speed and stay around 225, and lay the wood,like we wished Stafford could have done. I see him being Matt O'hanlon on steriods, bigger with the speed Matt had to come up in the box and put some guys on their back. Gerry, Marcus Newby, Brown, Afalava, Banderas, Santos, Charles Jackson, thats some serious...serious athleticism and speed out there. With Love or Rose as the run stuffing MLB, good lord this defense is going to be fun to watch in a few years, even towards the end of this season.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

I think 2-3 years from now Nathan Gerry could be the steal of the class. I think he has all physical attributes to play strong safety and I think he could be a beast coming up to help stop the run. Wouldnt suprise me one bit if he is a 2-3 year starter.

still feeling good about my prediction...

It was actually 10.28 but they rounded up. Thats insane. Someone on another site said he would have placed 23rd in the last Oylmpics with that time. Wonder if they try and keep him at that weight for saftey or move him to LB. Another 10 of 15lbs and maybe lose a step. If he gets naturally bigger as he gets older, he could turn into the next Brian Urlacher.

I would love to see him stay at Saftey with that speed and stay around 225, and lay the wood,like we wished Stafford could have done. I see him being Matt O'hanlon on steriods, bigger with the speed Matt had to come up in the box and put some guys on their back. Gerry, Marcus Newby, Brown, Afalava, Banderas, Santos, Charles Jackson, thats some serious...serious athleticism and speed out there. With Love or Rose as the run stuffing MLB, good lord this defense is going to be fun to watch in a few years, even towards the end of this season.

I agree HF. And my point would be this. If he puts on enough weight to move to LB and slows down a little, wouldn't he still be the fastest LB or possibly still faster than the other safeties? I don't think he loses enough to where it would be a hindrance. The possibilities of this kid makes my head spin. I think if he could've gotten here this spring, he might have forced the staff to get him on the field as a true frosh!

Fact is we need good safeties. This kid at at 225 and keeping the speed is ideal. He has everything every coach in the country looks for physically. Only reason didnt have bigger offers is b/c hes from SD. If he isnt all conference someday it will only be b/c of mental aspects but i would almost bet it wont be a problem with him. With size, speed, and smarts his ceiling is crazy high.

Like a lot of folks, I have been very high on this kid since he first appeared on the radar. I understand, to an extent, those a bit skeptical because of the (perceived) lack of competition.

But, holy cow, he can only compete against those put in front of him, and the numbers are extremely impressive no matter where they occur.

Count me among those who feel he is destined for a HUGE Husker career.