SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

Not trying to pick a fight because I really like this guy but I'd bet about anything that he got some help from the timer to get to 10.3. All hand held times in high school track are rounded up to the next tenth. He ran 11.0 electronically timed at the state meet last year. I won't be surprised if he runs around 10.8 at the state meet this year which is still very fast but there is an eternity between 10.3 and 10.8 in a 100 meter dash.

I've seen this happen many times in Nebraska over the years.

Do we know for sure that was hand held? That 21.5 200 time was electronic. Of course that was a bigger meet. Just saw video of a 17 year old Japanese kid running a junior world record time of 10.01, maybe we should recruit him

The 10.3 time was actually 10.28, and I thought it was electronic. South Dakota rounds track times up to the nearest tenth, hence the 10.3 time. Still, this was fast enough to set a South Dakota state 100 m record (previously 10.4), and faster than the Nebraska state record which was recently set by Kenzo Cotton at 10.41.

Per NFHS rules, hand-held times are always rounded up to the next tenth. Thus, it was more than likely a hand-held time.

Not trying to pick a fight because I really like this guy but I'd bet about anything that he got some help from the timer to get to 10.3. All hand held times in high school track are rounded up to the next tenth. He ran 11.0 electronically timed at the state meet last year. I won't be surprised if he runs around 10.8 at the state meet this year which is still very fast but there is an eternity between 10.3 and 10.8 in a 100 meter dash.

Do we know for sure that was hand held? That 21.5 200 time was electronic. Of course that was a bigger meet. Just saw video of a 17 year old Japanese kid running a junior world record time of 10.01, maybe we should recruit him

The 10.3 time was actually 10.28, and I thought it was electronic. South Dakota rounds track times up to the nearest tenth, hence the 10.3 time. Still, this was fast enough to set a South Dakota state 100 m record (previously 10.4), and faster than the Nebraska state record which was recently set by Kenzo Cotton at 10.41.

I thought I remember A. Green running a 10.4......?

No, Ahman never got under 10.6. Anyway, the Nebraska record, before Kenzo, was 10.5.

Quite possibly. But to count as a state record you have to have wind measurements available - because it doesn't count as a state record if the wind is helping too much - and very few meets have that equipment available, or at least few did back in the day.

No, Ahman never got under 10.6. Anyway, the Nebraska record, before Kenzo, was 10.5.

According to Central, he holds the school record at 10.4.

Ahah............thanks for clearing that up...........

• 2 weeks later...

519ea64604c6b.preview-620.jpg

He posted a hand-held time of :10.28 in the 100 in his first race this spring, a record in South Dakota and plenty of other places.

While Gerry is searching for gold in the 100, he is also aiming for an 87-year-old record in the 200. He's already run a Dakota Relays record time of :21.52 this year. The longstanding record is :21.1.

LINK

10.28. He got some wheels. :lol:

Won the 200 in 22.3. Basically coasting in for him.

Also their 4x200 relay got first and their 4x100 relay got second.

Im sure he is very unhappy with that time. He said all along he liked the 200 better and wanted the state record badly, which was 21.1. I think he got the state meet record, but not the state record. He is so competitive , that I know he is very pissed right now. And I'm sure he was not happy with the 10.6 either. I'm happy with both. Thier are not many 6'2 220 pound sprinters any where in the world. This guy is going to be a super star for us, I just know it

• 3 weeks later...