SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

40 time may be inaccurate. In a live chat he stated that he ran it when he was a sophomore at iowa state's camp. He's obviously gained some weight from the time was a soph.

It's not like he's gained fat. The kid is ripped. If you gain muscle mass it doesn't slow you down, you actually get faster especially if you train on speed which track sprint athletes do. I bet he could run a 4.4 or better today.

40 time may be inaccurate. In a live chat he stated that he ran it when he was a sophomore at iowa state's camp. He's obviously gained some weight from the time was a soph.

It's not like he's gained fat. The kid is ripped. If you gain muscle mass it doesn't slow you down, you actually get faster especially if you train on speed which track sprint athletes do. I bet he could run a 4.4 or better today.

I agree. I would expect him to keep good speed with some added weight. And I doubt he looses much of that speed when in pads, which is not the case for everyone.

this was just posted on the Omaha.com's chat page:

3:20 Omaha.com/bigred:

From Michigan Husker: What are your PR for 100 and 200 meter times? How about your best 40 time?

3:21 NathanGerry:

I ran 10.39 and 21.31 and i have only ran a 40 my sophomore year which was 4.42 at the Iowa State camp

That's speed gentlemen.

Do football programs not run 40's anymore..? Not even for summer trainings, or team testings, or..?

this was just posted on the Omaha.com's chat page:

3:20 Omaha.com/bigred:

From Michigan Husker: What are your PR for 100 and 200 meter times? How about your best 40 time?

3:21 NathanGerry:

I ran 10.39 and 21.31 and i have only ran a 40 my sophomore year which was 4.42 at the Iowa State camp

That's speed gentlemen.

Do football programs not run 40's anymore..? Not even for summer trainings, or team testings, or..?

Maybe he means electronic not handheld?

Not necessarily true. If you are naturally fast and have pretty strong and powerful legs naturally but you just are small in your upperbody then you can loose some speed if you gain a considerable amount of muscle mass in your upper body. Just goes with the territory, but like I think your saying, if you are doing things right then you should increase in your lower body proportionally, so it shouldn't be too significant of a loss in speed.

• 1 month later...