SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

How bout we let him get in the game before we crown him the greatest thing since sliced bread?

No one said he was the greatest thing since anything, said he has an unreal combination of size and speed. On measurables and stats alone he is an elite 5 star athlete IMO

I have high hopes for Gerry, but if u just evaluate guys on measurables then you are probably thinkin kenzo cotton Is a 5 star kid based on measurables. I don't see kenzo as a div 1 kid, but He is faster than Gerry and has great size too. Lets see how he plays against great competition. Again, I think this kid will be a player but we will see how quickly that happens.

Not sure I'd say that. Gerry is 6'2 220 running just as fast as Kenzo....not trying to argue, just saying Gerry has 30Lbs more of muscle on him.

• Fire 2

How bout we let him get in the game before we crown him the greatest thing since sliced bread?

No one said he was the greatest thing since anything, said he has an unreal combination of size and speed. On measurables and stats alone he is an elite 5 star athlete IMO

I have high hopes for Gerry, but if u just evaluate guys on measurables then you are probably thinkin kenzo cotton Is a 5 star kid based on measurables. I don't see kenzo as a div 1 kid, but He is faster than Gerry and has great size too. Lets see how he plays against great competition. Again, I think this kid will be a player but we will see how quickly that happens.

Compare the film of these two and youll see how ridiculous this is.

Gerry 6 1 206, cotton 6 1 191. That Is not 30 pounds. That is just comparing the numbers from recruiting databases. Gerry has put on weight but cotton.still has a year of.school left. We are not comparing film just measurable. That is the whole point. If u compare film of Gerry and cotton it is easy to see Gerry is much better. If u compare measurables then they are very similar

I say he will be 4 time all conference 1st team and 3 year all american. Mark it!!!

Ha ha! I LIKE the optimism. I think Gerry will be great. Not 4 time all conf/3 year All-American great. But great nonetheless. :lol:

/ Or perhaps my sarcasm-O-meter is broken? LOL

Gerry 6 1 206, cotton 6 1 191. That Is not 30 pounds. That is just comparing the numbers from recruiting databases. Gerry has put on weight but cotton.still has a year of.school left. We are not comparing film just measurable. That is the whole point. If u compare film of Gerry and cotton it is easy to see Gerry is much better. If u compare measurables then they are very similar

Came in at 6'2 220 with the lowest body fat on the team. So yes 30 lbs and a tick slower. Elite athlete, and pure football player. Unlike the track star your comparing him to.

Of course if you are only using height, weight, and speed any elite track star (Kenzo) is going to look like a 5*.....bring in some other tests such as strength and I guarantee Gerry would blow him out of the water.

Edit: Here are the strength numbers...quite a big difference.

Gerry: Bench 290, Squat 525

Kenzo: Bench 265, Squat 375

• Fire 1

Nathan Gerry = badassery.

I think he is going to remind us of Mr. Gavonich and get playing time right away....not just on special teams.

I'm assuming Mr. Janovich unless that's someone from a lot farther back.

Yes, my bad. I misspelled his name.

Tried to put an emoticon on there to show I was just giving you a hard time but it wouldn't work on my iPad. ;)

HuskerFowler said stats too. Not just measurabes.

Yeah! A great season in the state of South Dakota! You all know about the tremendous football played in South Dakota right? It clearly parallels the football played in California, Texas, and Florida.

:blink:

And.....?

And?

I think it's fairly obviously. We're actively recruiting another Micah Kriekmeyer...a 5 year bench warming wasted scholarship.

I so excited about this incredible athlete, and went back and read the whole thread and came across all of these negative posts by this guy. Just don't understand how he can not see what the rest of us do. His film looks great, despite lack of competition, blazing speed, iooks like he could win a bodybuilding competition . I cant wait for this guy to eat crow. S'kers, will you come back and post that you were dead wrong about this guy . He is probably gonna start as a true freshman, or for sure play alot

Yeah! A great season in the state of South Dakota! You all know about the tremendous football played in South Dakota right? It clearly parallels the football played in California, Texas, and Florida.

:blink:

And.....?

And?

I think it's fairly obviously. We're actively recruiting another Micah Kriekmeyer...a 5 year bench warming wasted scholarship.

I so excited about this incredible athlete, and went back and read the whole thread and came across all of these negative posts by this guy. Just don't understand how he can not see what the rest of us do. His film looks great, despite lack of competition, blazing speed, iooks like he could win a bodybuilding competition . I cant wait for this guy to eat crow. S'kers, will you come back and post that you were dead wrong about this guy . He is probably gonna start as a true freshman, or for sure play alot

Well considering he is banned, I'm not gonna hold my breath on that happening.