SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

Would much rather keep Gerry in the defensive backfield, I think he could turn into a John Lynch type of safety. Or I wouldn't mind seeing him in a hybrid/Peso type of role.

I concur...At this kids size, I just hope he knows how to hit. If thats the case then let him lay back in the weeds at the safety spot...

Not trying to pick a fight because I really like this guy but I'd bet about anything that he got some help from the timer to get to 10.3. All hand held times in high school track are rounded up to the next tenth. He ran 11.0 electronically timed at the state meet last year. I won't be surprised if he runs around 10.8 at the state meet this year which is still very fast but there is an eternity between 10.3 and 10.8 in a 100 meter dash.

I've seen this happen many times in Nebraska over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

HS BOYS 100 METER DASH (Final Results)

Name School Place Time/Distance

Gerry, Nate SF Washington HS 1 10.67 NWI

Hickman, Shaheed Hopkins MN HS 2 10.88 NWI

Bratland, Shay Watertown HS 3 11.04 NWI

Koopman, Logan Tri Valley HS 4 11.07 NWI

Majeres, Cody Canton HS 5 11.20 NWI

DeSchepper, Trevor Harrisburg HS 5 11.20 NWI

Christion, Taryn SF Roosevelt HS 7 11.21 NWI

Arnold, Bo Watertown HS 8 11.27 NWI

Remember when PJ intercepted that slow Michigan QB and got caught from behind by him? No way our future safeties are gonna let that happen. Speed.

Remember when people couldn't understand how "more athletic" players were left of the bench?

Why is this guy ranked so low? Should be no lower than a 5.9 4-star on Rivals

Location, and lack of SEC interest I would imagine.

Plus he committed fairly early just when his recruiting was taking-off. If he let things play-out he'd have had a hell of an offer list, which affects rankings/ratings whether sites admit it or not.

Not trying to pick a fight because I really like this guy but I'd bet about anything that he got some help from the timer to get to 10.3. All hand held times in high school track are rounded up to the next tenth. He ran 11.0 electronically timed at the state meet last year. I won't be surprised if he runs around 10.8 at the state meet this year which is still very fast but there is an eternity between 10.3 and 10.8 in a 100 meter dash.

Do we know for sure that was hand held? That 21.5 200 time was electronic. Of course that was a bigger meet. Just saw video of a 17 year old Japanese kid running a junior world record time of 10.01, maybe we should recruit him

Do we know for sure that was hand held? That 21.5 200 time was electronic. Of course that was a bigger meet. Just saw video of a 17 year old Japanese kid running a junior world record time of 10.01, maybe we should recruit him

Won the Greater Dakota Conference 100 in 10.69 seconds yesterday. That time sounds like it should have been electronic but I'm not sure.

The 10.3 time was actually 10.28, and I thought it was electronic. South Dakota rounds track times up to the nearest tenth, hence the 10.3 time. Still, this was fast enough to set a South Dakota state 100 m record (previously 10.4), and faster than the Nebraska state record which was recently set by Kenzo Cotton at 10.41.