Junior Seau found dead in his home

http://www.tmz.com/2...nior-seau-dead/

11:27 AM PDT -- We're told a 911 call came in around 10:00 AM. No word on who made the call.

11:26 AM PDT -- The North County Times is reporting Seau's body was discovered by his housekeeper.

11:23 AM PDT -- The coroner just arrived on scene.

0314-divider-graphic.jpg

NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead in his home in Oceanside, CA ... and a source at the scene tells us cops believe he shot himself.

Seau was 43-years-old ... and leaves behind 3 kids and an ex-wife.

Cops are currently at Seau's home -- located in San Diego County -- and were seen talking with a man who was inside the house and appeared distraught.

We're told Seau sent text messages to his ex-wife and 3 kids yesterday saying, "Love you." We're told they all responded and didn't suspect anything was wrong. We're told he last saw his kids 3 weeks ago.

Sources close to Seau tell us family members didn't notice any signs of depression in recent weeks.

Seau was a beast in the NFL -- skyrocketing to fame thanks to his explosive play with the San Diego Chargers, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots. The USC standout was selected in the first round of the NFL draft in 1990 and played in the league for 20 years.

I just don't see how someone abandons their kids like that. I don't care how upset or depressed you are.

Depression generally doesn't lead to logical choices, obviously. It isn't simply being sad, I mean this guy had the world and still couldn't handle his disorder. Sad news that happens far too often.

I just don't see how someone abandons their kids like that. I don't care how upset or depressed you are.

The human mind is a powerful thing. My wife has been diagnosed (and confirmed through eeg) to have partial complex seizure activity in her frontal lobe. For the last year she has been affected in her reasoning and judgement. She hears voices that tell her all kinds of crazy things when her brain is "mis-firing"...things like "don't take your medicine or i'll (voice) harm your children. She's been on the news as a missing person 3 times within the last 8 months. Hospitalized for her own protection for about 85% of the last year. My wife poured everything she had into her children, then just rapidly started deteriorating to the point where she was unable to even take care of herself.

I only say this because people don't understand the severity of brain diseases. You can toss rational thinking out the window for some of this. No telling what kind of brain trauma Seau had from over the years of beatings. My wife played a ton of soccer growing up and into college. They think that the repeated falls and contact eventually caused the damage in her brain that brought on this seizure activity.

Just wanted to point out the other side of the coin that most people (self-included) simply cannot understand or relate.

The human mind is a powerful thing. My wife has been diagnosed (and confirmed through eeg) to have partial complex seizure activity in her frontal lobe. For the last year she has been affected in her reasoning and judgement. She hears voices that tell her all kinds of crazy things when her brain is "mis-firing"...things like "don't take your medicine or i'll (voice) harm your children. She's been on the news as a missing person 3 times within the last 8 months. Hospitalized for her own protection for about 85% of the last year. My wife poured everything she had into her children, then just rapidly started deteriorating to the point where she was unable to even take care of herself.

I only say this because people don't understand the severity of brain diseases. You can toss rational thinking out the window for some of this. No telling what kind of brain trauma Seau had from over the years of beatings. My wife played a ton of soccer growing up and into college. They think that the repeated falls and contact eventually caused the damage in her brain that brought on this seizure activity.

Just wanted to point out the other side of the coin that most people (self-included) simply cannot understand or relate.

Sorry to hear about your wife ira. Hope things can get better

I had no idea. I am so sorry to hear about this Irafreak... I cant imagine the strain that puts on you.

Thank you for sharing this perspective.