CFL Roundtable: Nebraska

Was watching College Football Live after work and they had their roundtable discussion led by none other than Kirk Herbstreit. My thoughts? Wow I feel sorry for Taylor Martinez. Poor guy was getting ripped on left and right (mostly his mechanics of course) by Mark Schlabach . No clue why that guy was on. He seems like a large POS. Anyway, Taylor was just the tip of the iceberg. Next was the D how will we replace talent lost at each level (Crick, David and Denard) it was a fair question asked by Jesse Palmer who, imo, was the only one to give us any sort of love.

Oh and of course they showed the highlight of BO chewing Taylor's a$$. ESPN loves showing that for some reason. That's all I've got for now. Just wondering if anyone else caught it? There will be a replay at 530 today on ESPNU and at 3am on ESPN2.

Palmer did say that Baker Steinkehuler(sp?) is the coolest name in all of college football. So yeah, I guess we got that going for us, jeesh!

I like getting college football news and used to dvr CFL regularly but it is almost unwatchable in my opinion. I really only watch ESPN for games anymore as almost all of their other programming is so biased and agenda driven I can't stomach it. They are in bed with too many people to be unbiased.

• Fire 2

I haven't watched it yet, but they gave Clemson yesterday very little love also. They did fall all over themselves over Florida at 20 and VaTech at 19. Most of us Husker fans think it is hate that ESPN has for our beloved Huskers. What it really is a lack of understanding. Nebraska is an anomoly in there way of thinking. They do not understand how a state from the midwest with a very small population base could have been so good at football for so long. It makes no sense in their east coast minds.

These football talks like this are also driven by TV sets. Nebraska doesn't have enough TV sets to talk about. Thats why FSU and ND can lose 5-6 games a year and they will still talk about them. They only talk seriously about NU when they are really good and they have to.

• Fire 3

I sat down to watch this on my TiVo, but since it got preempted on ESPN for OTL coverage of the Junior Seau situation, I'm waiting for the repeat on ESPNU at 5:30.

I haven't watched it yet, but they gave Clemson yesterday very little love also. They did fall all over themselves over Florida at 20 and VaTech at 19. Most of us Husker fans think it is hate that ESPN has for our beloved Huskers. What it really is a lack of understanding. Nebraska is an anomoly in there way of thinking. They do not understand how a state from the midwest with a very small population base could have been so good at football for so long. It makes no sense in their east coast minds.

These football talks like this are also driven by TV sets. Nebraska doesn't have enough TV sets to talk about. Thats why FSU and ND can lose 5-6 games a year and they will still talk about them. They only talk seriously about NU when they are really good and they have to.

I don't know about all of that. A couple of years ago, virtually all of their talking heads were really high on Nebraska, and we were getting more than our share of hype. We've dropped the ball, and exposed ourselves as being not ready for prime time. It's hardly surprising that they may be waiting for us to actually do something to deserve more attention in the hype-o-sphere. Again, I haven't seen this episode of CFL yet, so I'm just speaking in generalities not the specifics of this show.

I thought the analysis was really garbage imo, i heard the same things ive been hearing from them for two years. Taylor's machanics suck and he cant pass the ball, Rex is good, and our D is shaky, need to recruit better...and the same question everytime they do a preview of us, "can nebraska return to dominance." and they answer it the same way everytime. That was the most pathetic 10 minute preview of Nebraska ive ever seen, i would have rather watched Big 10 network do a nebraska special.

This is why I don't watch ESPN. Not only do I have to sit and listen to people who know less about the program than I do, but I get to come on here and see everybody rage about it.

If you guys start ignoring ESPN, you'll be much happier football fans. I guarantee it.

• Fire 5

I thought the analysis was really garbage imo, i heard the same things ive been hearing from them for two years. Taylor's machanics suck and he cant pass the ball, Rex is good, and our D is shaky, need to recruit better...and the same question everytime they do a preview of us, "can nebraska return to dominance." and they answer it the same way everytime. That was the most pathetic 10 minute preview of Nebraska ive ever seen, i would have rather watched Big 10 network do a nebraska special.

Has that been wrong? We've had some four loss years. Sounds about right for a consistent four loss team to be on the verge, to be asked "can they make the jump" but at the same time having questions that sometimes can't be answered.

Poor guy was getting ripped on left and right (mostly his mechanics of course) by Mark Schlabach . No clue why that guy was on.

That guy is spot on about Taylor's mechanics to date. Let's be real about Taylor, he gets by with his throwing. His specialty is running. Rex is the rock of the offense. All of this seems fair.

Stipulating all of the usual stuff (ESPN is biased, ESPN isn't familiar enough with Nebraska, their analysts are a bunch of knuckleheads, etc.), I didn't have an issue with any of the stuff these guys said during the segment. It was all pretty reasonable and most of it wasn't much different than what you'll see in this forum throughout the year. It's important to remember that this segment wasn't for the benefit of Nebraska fans, it's for everyone else that doesn't follow all of the NU minutia that we fans do.