CFL Roundtable: Nebraska

Oh, but it wasn't a personal attack. It's a criticism of his skills. Largely it was fair.

And they're right that he regressed. His footwork fell off after his injury as a freshman. I wouldn't say they are wrong about this. From the spring practice videos we saw, he is still shotputting the ball. This won't change. The key is for him to settle down and be comfortable working within the system. Maybe his footwork will make big leaps and bounds, that remains to be seen.

If there's one thing they're making too much of, it's the Bo Pelini blowup.

Aside from that the discussion seemed to be pretty good. They're pretty on the point in a lot of ways.

Someone who watched it please tell me - What did you learn from that roundtable that you haven't already heard here at HuskerBoard?

Not a d*mn thing!!!

Someone who watched it please tell me - What did you learn from that roundtable that you haven't already heard here at HuskerBoard?

Not a d*mn thing!!!

ditto

Now ask yourselves this - do you think those guys at that roundtable actually sit down and watch Husker games like we do?

And if they don't, where do they get their information?

And when you ask yourself that, think about all the times you've looked at this board, and you've seen 150 members and 150 guests, and ask yourself who those guests are.

Then think about how many interns they employ in Bristol. And what they do.

So there's a fair chance that the info you're listening to the pretty boys in suits discuss is coming from....

wait for it....

you.

• Fire 3

They should have just renamed that segment on Nebraska "The Bash Taylor Matinez Segment." It would have been more appropriately named.

Half the threads on this board come September could be named the same thing. What do you expect them to say?

Areed... And until we win something of significance with him at QB we all feel the same deep down.

Ask yourself this. If Taylor was a 68% passer with 30 tds and 8 ints with the same mechanics and we still go 10-3 or 9-4, would we still bitch about him?

Mark my word. Taylor Martinez will be lights out this year. Denard Robinson is overrated and always has been. He's a ticking time bomb of interceptions and bad decisions. Martinez will outplay Robinson, all year long.

I don't know if Taylor will be "lights out" but I do think he will have a good year. The defense and the O-line will dictate how far this team can go.

And I agree w you 100% about Shoelace. He's got blazing speed but his arm is terrible. He had the game of his life throwing the ball last year when we played Michigan.

They should have just renamed that segment on Nebraska "The Bash Taylor Matinez Segment." It would have been more appropriately named.
Half the threads on this board come September could be named the same thing. What do you expect them to say?
Areed... And until we win something of significance with him at QB we all feel the same deep down. Ask yourself this. If Taylor was a 68% passer with 30 tds and 8 ints with the same mechanics and we still go 10-3 or 9-4, would we still bitch about him?

Probably not, but he isn't a 68% passer with 30 tds and 8 ints.

i watched it and thought they were dead on. I know as a fan i dont like hearing the bad truth at times. But they commented on taylor making too many mistakes and that is maybe why Bo chews his ass. I think that is accurate. I also think we lost our best three defensive players in a sub-par defense last year. THat is pretty accurate as well. get mad all you want, but their assessment was spot on, IMO.