So....we're one of the worst teams, in one of the worst conferences in the country?

Thumbs up on the head coaching hire Tom.

Awesome job.

Here's a suggestion. Go eat 10 burritos and 3 bowls of chili soup. Wait a couple of hours. Then go sit on the toilet. Collect everything that comes out of your ass. Scoop it all out and mold it into a shiny diamond. Let me know how that works.

Did you really believe anyone could take a last place team and transform it overnight into a conference champion?

This team is demonstrably better than last year and next year will be another significant progression.

Patience Gumbo.

I truly believed that we were NOT this bad. The pitching is absolutely horrendous. I never expected us to win the conference or compete for an at large bid into the NCAAs, but we are competing for a spot in the freaking Big Ten conference tourney. Seriously. I do think the team has made progress, but not a ton. Obviously we have to wait and see what kind of players we can get in here, but this year is not good...not good at all. You don't have to be a debbie downer to think that and everyone cal call gumbercules out for "crying" but plain and simple, he's right. We are one of the worst teams in one of the worst conferences. Please, argue that.

Obviously we have to wait and see what kind of players we can get in here, but this year is not good...not good at all. You don't have to be a debbie downer to think that and everyone cal call gumbercules out for "crying" but plain and simple, he's right. We are one of the worst teams in one of the worst conferences. Please, argue that.

Thank you, I will call him out for crying. Because he's not taking a wait-and-see attitude like you're advocating, he's denouncing the hire right now.

The problem with everyone overreacting here is that they presumed we were a good coaching hire away from being a better team - the impression I get from reading some of these over-reacting posts is they felt we were a solid NCAA team - and that's simply not realistic. It wasn't realistic when Erstad was hired and it's not realistic now.

What were we getting when Erstad was hired? A guy who clearly can play baseball well. But can he teach it? That's the key question. We don't know the answer to that yet, and likely won't for a while. But to sit here and post threads about how poor of a hire Tom made now is foolish. It shows a lack of patience, and a lack of context.

I have zero qualms about calling someone out for crying under these circumstances. Crying about this season is silly. It's going to take time.

• Fire 1

Obviously we have to wait and see what kind of players we can get in here, but this year is not good...not good at all. You don't have to be a debbie downer to think that and everyone cal call gumbercules out for "crying" but plain and simple, he's right. We are one of the worst teams in one of the worst conferences. Please, argue that.

Thank you, I will call him out for crying. Because he's not taking a wait-and-see attitude like you're advocating, he's denouncing the hire right now.

The problem with everyone overreacting here is that they presumed we were a good coaching hire away from being a better team - the impression I get from reading some of these over-reacting posts is they felt we were a solid NCAA team - and that's simply not realistic. It wasn't realistic when Erstad was hired and it's not realistic now.

What were we getting when Erstad was hired? A guy who clearly can play baseball well. But can he teach it? That's the key question. We don't know the answer to that yet, and likely won't for a while. But to sit here and post threads about how poor of a hire Tom made now is foolish. It shows a lack of patience, and a lack of context.

I have zero qualms about calling someone out for crying under these circumstances. Crying about this season is silly. It's going to take time.

Absolutely this. Sometimes you see first year coaches come in and set the world on fire. That's fine, but it isn't common. Coaches typically get fired because they either 1) Can't coach the talent they have or 2) Don't have talent to coach because they can't recruit. I'd say for Coach Erstad coming in, there was a little of both with what he's been thrown at. This would be like throwing Coach Miles under the bus this season because he was supposed to be a miracle worker with the cards he's been dealt. That's just not fair, and it's ridiculous for fans to think that's an acceptible attitude to have.