QB Devante Kincade [Ole Miss Commit]

Tape isn't all that impressive and I am not really sold on his mechanics. It's never a good thing when QB's have a hitch in their delivery. If you watch him in his drop backs, he's tapping the ball right before he releases. As an ex DB, I'd always look for tell tale signs that a QB is about to chuck it and there's no doubt he has a tick. Obviously, that sort of thing can be worked out with coaching, but it's going to be a pain in the ass for him to get that kink out of his delivery.

Tape isn't all that impressive and I am not really sold on his mechanics. It's never a good thing when QB's have a hitch in their delivery. If you watch him in his drop backs, he's tapping the ball right before he releases. As an ex DB, I'd always look for tell tale signs that a QB is about to chuck it and there's no doubt he has a tick. Obviously, that sort of thing can be worked out with coaching, but it's going to be a pain in the ass for him to get that kink out of his delivery.

Remember though, that this was when he was a sophomore in high school.

Dan Marino did the same thing. I havent watched this kids film yet, but as i was reading your assessment, i thought of Marino, he almost always tapped the ball before he threw it.

He out performed Armstrong in the playoffs. Everyone who watched both players said hes far and above better. He's been trying to get us to look at him for over a year now. Dad has cash so even if we don't end up offering a schollie he could still come on as a walkon. But I have a feeling we'll be offering him very soon. The only way we don't is if Bailey reverses next week.

He out performed Armstrong in the playoffs. Everyone who watched both players said hes far and above better. He's been trying to get us to look at him for over a year now. Dad has cash so even if we don't end up offering a schollie he could still come on as a walkon. But I have a feeling we'll be offering him very soon. The only way we don't is if Bailey reverses next week.

I don't know the situation, but even if his dad has cash, don't you think he'd take a scholly first? Unless he's an absolute die-hard fan, I just personally can't see a 3/4 star athlete walking on somewhere.

I don't know the situation, but even if his dad has cash, don't you think he'd take a scholly first? Unless he's an absolute die-hard fan, I just personally can't see a 3/4 star athlete walking on somewhere.

It happened last year for us

Yes King Frazier turned down schollies to walk-on, but his offers were from three FCS schools (Dakotas and Indiana). Not exactly places to get jazzed up about.

Kincade has some pretty big offers early on in the game. I should have state above that "unless he's an absolute die-hard fan without any decent offers, I can't see a 3/4 star athlete walking on somewhere." Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see it. I just think as more BCS schools offer it'd be tough to walk-on somewhere unless it's an absolute dream school.

I'm not adding the sarcasm image for the Indiana comment. Because it's not.

is something going on with Bailey?

http://espn.go.com/high-school/football/events/elite-11/2012/story/_/id/7732597/qb-devante-kincade-named-dallas-elite-11-regional-mvp-earns-elite-11-finals-invite

Walk-on? This kid was MVP of the regional Elite 11 competition in Dallas. It's called Elite for a reason. Kid beat out some pretty decent QBs camping with him. This kid is legit and I would love to see him in red. I saw an interview on ESPNU with him and he does not lack confidence. He plays much bigger than his size and can definitely spin it. Correct me if im wrong, isn't Skyline one of the better schools in Texas?

http://espn.go.com/h...1-finals-invite

Walk-on? This kid was MVP of the regional Elite 11 competition in Dallas. It's called Elite for a reason. Kid beat out some pretty decent QBs camping with him. This kid is legit and I would love to see him in red. I saw an interview on ESPNU with him and he does not lack confidence. He plays much bigger than his size and can definitely spin it. Correct me if im wrong, isn't Skyline one of the better schools in Texas?

It might be the best HS, in terms of producing D1 talent every year.

http://espn.go.com/h...1-finals-invite

It might be the best HS, in terms of producing D1 talent every year.

Thanks speed.

So much info in one post....thanks

Sophomore tape? Impressive. Obviously sped up though as there isn't an Olympic runner that fast.

Appeared as though he wasn't strong enough to throw his soph year so he made due. Work to do on his motion, but not reconstructive surgery. Absolutely worthy of an offer.