QB Devante Kincade [Ole Miss Commit]

"I don't really know where I'll be going for sure but I'll talk with my mom and work some visits out," Kincade said. "(Nebraska) hasn't offered me yet but they might offer me in a week. Once they get down here and talk with me about it, it sounds like they'll offer me."

I looked at this offer this morning and didn't like it. Why? Well #1 size... 6'0" 175, #2 speed... he only runs a 4.68.... if he is that small and has the speed of a pro style QB I just don't see how he can start at a big time program like NU. I also felt like his mechanics are not so great. I just didn't see him as a guy who could excel at the next level like he did at the high school level.

But then I did some research.... this kid, (like some of you have said) outperformed Tommy Armstrong by a lot in last year's Texas 5a playoffs. He also competed with major QB's from across the country at the Dallas Elite 11 camp and won the MVP award over guys like:

Tyrone Swoopes :star :star :star :star :star (Texas commit)

Cooper Bateman :star :star :star :star (offers from LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, etc.),

Shane Morris :star :star :star :star (Michigan commit),

Austin Allen :star :star :star (Arkansas Commit),

JT Barrett :star :star :star :star (Ohio State commit).

He has shown really really high accuracy and is extremely consistent, a strong work ethic, has no lack of confidence and performs well under pressure. The kid comes from a powerhouse school that is well known in Texas and sends kids all over the place to D1 schools. We are the first Major BCS school to offer him and his dual threat abilities fit perfectly into what we need. However, do not be surprised if several big schools come knocking on his door soon.

I looked at this offer this morning and didn't like it. Why? Well #1 size... 6'0" 175, #2 speed... he only runs a 4.68.... if he is that small and has the speed of a pro style QB I just don't see how he can start at a big time program like NU. I also felt like his mechanics are not so great. I just didn't see him as a guy who could excel at the next level like he did at the high school level.

But then I did some research.... this kid, (like some of you have said) outperformed Tommy Armstrong by a lot in last year's Texas 5a playoffs. He also competed with major QB's from across the country at the Dallas Elite 11 camp and won the MVP award over guys like:

Cooper Bateman :star :star :star :star (offers from LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, etc.),

He has shown really really high accuracy and is extremely consistent, a strong work ethic, has no lack of confidence and performs well under pressure. The kid comes from a powerhouse school that is well known in Texas and sends kids all over the place to D1 schools. We are the first Major BCS school to offer him and his dual threat abilities fit perfectly into what we need. However, do not be surprised if several big schools come knocking on his door soon.

maybe the staff thinks he can be someone like kellen moore at boise state...........??

We need depth at this position. I'm fine with this, I might even be ok with us taking 2 this year.

I do want Jennings the most though and think he should be one of our top recruiting priorities.

We'll take two for sure. Three if its the right people with one coming in as athlete for a possible roster switch if the other two out perform him.

Now this Kincade kid, how many times has he heard this? He's too short, he's too short, he's too damn short. I love this kid.

If I could add audio my Gruden is outstanding.

Im sure Russell Wilson, Troy Smith, Chris Leak, and Drew Brees were all too short as well.

Circle this name. We need to land this one. Sounding more promising as the time passes.

There's a few crossing routes in his clips were he zips it into a small window so I believe the accuracy bit. Looks like he is mobile and fairly quick. He looks like a good fit to me too.