Who is the #2 football player on the team?

Taylor, sadly

Does that make you feel like a knowledgable big stud ripping "our" own qb? It's amazing how gung-ho tough and brilliant posters are....on the internet.

nothing like a negative comment about t-mart to get bshirt to detach himself from martinez's junk and come out guns blazin.

Well, gee......if they weren't in every other post about 10,000 times a day maybe it wouldn't bother me. As much as you & others hate the kid, he's "our" qb.

You need a vacation

To be quite honest with you, TMart played better at QB last year than Dennard Robinson did. Check the stats. Robinson is an electrifying athlete but an absolutely sh**ty QB. He threw 15 picks last year. That is unacceptable. It appears that he is holding Michigan back from what they really would like to do.

That may be true, but Robinson at times looks like a once in 20-30 year QB for a team. He nearly took his first scramble against us to the house if it were not for David.

Yeah that was one foolish thing that i posted that has been picked apart by 48 people on the first page. But thanks for the rehash.

You are welcome. It was so profound that it definately did need to be rehashed. In fact, I wouldn't mind if it was rehashed by 10 other people or if the thread is revived 2 years later to remind you. You do watch the games right? :)

Also, you should look at the scrambling ability of the 2. Dennard had 7 sacks in 2010, 13 last year. Taylor had 26 in 2010, 21 last year. And if you try to blame all of those on the OL then you definitely weren't watching the games.

Are you talking about the same OL that struggles with penalties and isn't consistent in run blocking? The same OL that got man handled by Fresno State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Northwestern, Penn State, and Michigan? Sure some of those sacks were Taylors fault but majority of those sacks are from the OL and their lack of ability to stay on their blocks.

• Fire 1

To be quite honest with you, TMart played better at QB last year than Dennard Robinson did. Check the stats. Robinson is an electrifying athlete but an absolutely sh**ty QB. He threw 15 picks last year. That is unacceptable. It appears that he is holding Michigan back from what they really would like to do.

Taylor didn't have any really rough games last year like he did against Washington 2.0. He also never had a great game like he had against Washington 1.0, K-State, or Oklahoma State. Ohio State maybe. He was consistently good, but never really great.

As for being better than Robinson. Not sure I could go that far. As you said, look at the stats. 7 more picks, but also 7 more touchdowns. If those extra picks were so unacceptable, then they wouldn't have finished with as many wins as they did. Otherwise very similar passing stats. Dennard edges Taylor with a 139.7 rating to Taylor's 126.5. He had 5 100 yard rushing games to Taylor's 3. 1176 yards to Taylor's 874. 5.3 per cary average to Taylor's 4.6. 16 rushing TDs to Taylors 9. And in the most important game of their season, against Ohio State...he was 14/17, 167yrds, 3TDs, 0INT, 26 attempts for 170 yards. Big time QBs perform in the big games.

Also, you should look at the scrambling ability of the 2. Dennard had 7 sacks in 2010, 13 last year. Taylor had 26 in 2010, 21 last year. And if you try to blame all of those on the OL then you definitely weren't watching the games.

Point taken, but my statement stands as I think TMart is the better QUARTERBACK. Robinson is the better scrambling, improvising athlete, but he is not a good QB. He really isn't. We can even take into account the brutal gauntlet that the BIG gave us as a schedule which was tougher than Michigans.

I am going to go with Knapplc on the other point as well. Dennard had starting experience going into his true sophomore year and TMart had not even taken a snap at QB until his second semester of his true freshman year. So for the same age, Robinson has started more games and has more experience at the position.

I base my Eric Martin nomination on nothing but what I see myself as pure ability. Physically tough, aggressive, and talented. If you want to base it on statistics, the E-Mart wouldn't be up there because unfortunately I believe the coaches have failed to utilize him. ...We'll see if that changes this year. I am hoping so.

As far as the nominations for Taylor Martinez being the 2nd best player on this team. I can only say, there was a reason Rex Burkhead had over 20 carries in 6 games, and over 30 carries in 2 other games. The other 5 games Rex had his least carries........Chattanooga, Fresno State, Wyoming, Michigan, and Wisconsin. 3 non- con chumps, the other 2 were blowout losses. If that doesn't tell you something, I don't know what will.

Rex is clearly the most talented player on this team by FAR. Behind him though, I'd say Jamal Turner is the next best athlete on this team. Eric Martin could also be in the conversation of top talent on this team. Ben Cotton sure get's over looked a lot, but we sure missed that guy when he got hurt. I'd say Ben is right there among the top ball players on this team as well.

Where is everyone watching turner play? I think he was in 6 plays last year. How could we say turner? Martinez hands down.

We need to separate who we think is the 2nd best player from who we hope emerges as the 2nd best player.

Andrew Green.

He's going to be a shut down corner here soon, hopefully this year. It's crazy how this staff turns these kids into round 1 prospects. Andrew Green at the beginning of last year to the end was a competely different player.

Oh and this is my 1,000th post

:throwdabones1: :throwdabones1: :throwdabones1:

• Fire 1