Early expectations for this year.

hard to say how we'll do. michigan could be bcs title game material, and urban's gonna have miller running by everyone. wisconsin will still be tough, as will msu, iowa. penn state won't be easy, and I hear ucla has a stud at QB. 9-3, and maybe a win in the bowl game. more of the same, but I will always be happy with 9+ wins a year

Iowa is a joke, Penn State has a worse QB than we do, a new head coach, lost some key pieces, MSU lost a bit on D and senior starter at QB, amongst all top recievers. Wisconsin will be big, but is having quite the QB troubles as I hear.

Michigan will be tough - although I think we will be in a much better place to compete with them. Ohio State? Still lack of depth, new offense, Braxton isn't tebow.

well, I hope you're right.

no turnovers.

Why even bother mentioning something if it's not possible? Maybe you weren't being literal, but the lowest amount of turnovers in a single year the past 5 years for a single team was 9.

We don't have to have 0 turnovers to go 10-2. Having a positive margin would be make that possible. (Last year we were -1)

no turnovers.

Why even bother mentioning something if it's not possible? Maybe you weren't being literal, but the lowest amount of turnovers in a single year the past 5 years for a single team was 9.

We don't have to have 0 turnovers to go 10-2. Having a positive margin would be make that possible. (Last year we were -1)

Let me rephrase. Limiting turnovers.

no turnovers.

Suprised to see we were -1 in turnovers last year. This board made me think that number was around -15 or maybe that was what NU did vs Wisc and Mich.

IMO, if we can limit the turn overs and stupid penalties we are looking at possibly 2 losses. Aside from Michicken (stupid penalties) and Wisky (horrible turn overs) the losses to NW and USC were easily wins. Even against Michicken, the mistakes piled up one after the other and we couldn't get our heads back in the game.

Even if our O and D both stay the same as it relates to production, statistics etc...., we limit the penalties and turn overs and we look like world beaters. Unfortunately, in four years under Bo, I have come to expect turnovers and stupid penalties.

I too think this will be Bo's best team yet. The Oline has young talent and finally some depth, Tmart & SRex are vets. The wrs are loaded with talent and should be better. Reed & Cotton at TEs are money.

Defense is the big variable & I gotta believe Bo will be up for it.

We'll see!

Even if our O and D both stay the same as it relates to production, statistics etc...., we limit the penalties and turn overs and we look like world beaters. Unfortunately, in four years under Bo, I have come to expect turnovers and stupid penalties.

FWIW

2008: 28 TO

2009: 23 TO

2010: 24 TO

2011: 19 TO

Sometimes dropped passes feel like turnovers though.

• Fire 1

For me (unfortunately) I've gotten to the point that I really don't expect much anymore.

For the last few years I feel as though I've been sold a misleading bill of goods in the pres-season masked by "coachspeak" as to how "insert year here" is going to be better than the last and that we are finally on to something. Instead were given a revolving door of coaches and a staff that is underwhelming both on the field and off (recruiting).

Bo Pelini is not the solution (and I strongly suspect this will not change either); warning signs abound, unfortunately most refuse to see and those who point them out are chastised or simply dismissed as having "unrealistic expectations" that seems to be the new chic way of dealing with those who think the program is clearly headed in the wrong direction.

I expect that this year will be no different and that we will ultimately end up with 4 losses, as for specifics...quite honestly, who cares? Worrying about that is like missing the "Forrest for the trees", we have a much bigger problem to address that I believe is systemic in nature and begins with Bo Pelini.

I was seriously misled that this was going to be a good post...

For me (unfortunately) I've gotten to the point that I really don't expect much anymore.

For the last few years I feel as though I've been sold a misleading bill of goods in the pres-season masked by "coachspeak" as to how "insert year here" is going to be better than the last and that we are finally on to something. Instead were given a revolving door of coaches and a staff that is underwhelming both on the field and off (recruiting).

Bo Pelini is not the solution (and I strongly suspect this will not change either); warning signs abound, unfortunately most refuse to see and those who point them out are chastised or simply dismissed as having "unrealistic expectations" that seems to be the new chic way of dealing with those who think the program is clearly headed in the wrong direction.

I expect that this year will be no different and that we will ultimately end up with 4 losses, as for specifics...quite honestly, who cares? Worrying about that is like missing the "Forrest for the trees", we have a much bigger problem to address that I believe is systemic in nature and begins with Bo Pelini.

You definitely have your opinion man....BUT even if we do get rid of Bo Pelini (which I hope we don't!), I feel as if we won't find a coach that is better. I feel the fans and the program have to give Bo time to see what he can do. Can you provide any viable solutions man? I think Bo is the man for the job, we just have to be patient as many Bo supporters have reiterated time and time again.

hard to say how we'll do. michigan could be bcs title game material, and urban's gonna have miller running by everyone. wisconsin will still be tough, as will msu, iowa. penn state won't be easy, and I hear ucla has a stud at QB. 9-3, and maybe a win in the bowl game. more of the same, but I will always be happy with 9+ wins a year

Iowa is a joke, Penn State has a worse QB than we do, a new head coach, lost some key pieces, MSU lost a bit on D and senior starter at QB, amongst all top recievers. Wisconsin will be big, but is having quite the QB troubles as I hear.

Michigan will be tough - although I think we will be in a much better place to compete with them. Ohio State? Still lack of depth, new offense, Braxton isn't tebow.

Ohio St...with Urban Meyer now at the helm....will be a very tough opponent. Trust me....Urban is an excellent coach and that's a claim anyone can agree upon in terms of his success with prior colleges.

It will all depend on our line (on both sides). Since Suh left our d-line has been average at best, and there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that our o-line will be any better this year than they have been the last few years. I want to win titles too but I really dont see it happening in the near future.

signed, debbie downer.