Where is Dennard Robinson?

Idk, people seem to think that we could just line up and pound it every play and be a successful program. I definitely do think we should be run-first. Just not so much as we used to - the game has changed. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that other than "Well back in my day we ran the ball 76 times a game and won 5 titles uphill in the snow both ways"

I disagree. If we would have had a dominate running game with, say, the '09 defense, why couldn't that have been a successful season?

I don't think the type of offense matters as much as the execution. K-State's offense last year goes against everything that "modern football" is supposed to be, but they had their most successful season in many years.

At 6, Robinson is overrated. Not a good QB... Really good gamebreaker, but I would go insane with him as a QB.

I'm pretty sure a lot of Husker fans would think the same way with Martinez. Or at least used to. But the more I watch from him last year, he really is developing as a QB...not sure if Michigan fans would think the same about Robinson.

Martinez also isn't frequently ranked in the top 10 list of B1G players like Robinson is. I just don't see it. Neither does Brady Hoke...

Well...I think it's safe to say Martinez isn't going to get any love over Robinson when they look at last years' game.

Yeah, because Robinson had the best game of his career vs. us last year. Like I keep saying, just watch any game other than when they played us, and Robinson is the worst passer in college football.

I love Stanford's West Coast Offense.

Friends, the Intervention is scheduled for noon on Friday. Please come ready to say two good things you admire/respect about zoogies and one thing you would like to see him make improvements upon. His love of the West Coast Offense is the reason we're meeting, so feel free to reference this.

We are NOT meeting to criticize. This is intended to build zoogies up through mutual love and respect. This is intended to be an uplifting time in zoogies' life. He needs our help, not our hurt.

Together, we can affect a change in zoogies. If we love him.

Zoogies you have a nice smile there ya go.

I love Stanford's West Coast Offense.

Friends, the Intervention is scheduled for noon on Friday. Please come ready to say two good things you admire/respect about zoogies and one thing you would like to see him make improvements upon. His love of the West Coast Offense is the reason we're meeting, so feel free to reference this.

We are NOT meeting to criticize. This is intended to build zoogies up through mutual love and respect. This is intended to be an uplifting time in zoogies' life. He needs our help, not our hurt.

Together, we can affect a change in zoogies. If we love him.

I have a friend like this. (and no I really don't think Zoogies is like this) His favorite team is 'SEC'. I ask him who in the SEC his favorite team is, and his answer is, "whoever is winning the SEC." I asked him who he liked to win the SEC this season, and he said, "SEC." I told him that maybe he should actually 'pick' a team from the SEC to cheer for, rather than think he was pretty smart to pick 'SEC'. His response? "Your conference sucks." Well...can't go wrong with that one, huh. Gotta love people who celebrate making sure they have a small window for failure. Must be a miserable life. And I need better friends.

Idk, people seem to think that we could just line up and pound it every play and be a successful program. I definitely do think we should be run-first. Just not so much as we used to - the game has changed. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that other than "Well back in my day we ran the ball 76 times a game and won 5 titles uphill in the snow both ways"

I disagree. If we would have had a dominate running game with, say, the '09 defense, why couldn't that have been a successful season?

I don't think the type of offense matters as much as the execution. K-State's offense last year goes against everything that "modern football" is supposed to be, but they had their most successful season in many years.

I'm not even calling for more passing at all, just to make that clear. I think 60/40 where we are at now is pretty good. And you're right though, the players and execution are paramount. But we definitely do not have the ability to run the ball at an 80/20 clip with the O-Line we have now, which is what makes Taylor's low completion percentage frustrating to many people. I think he'll improve this year, and he's got a pretty darn good receiving corps too.

I envy Wisconsin's offensive scheme. Stanford has a fantastic scheme too. Line it up, and hit em' in the mouth. When they beg for mercy, hit em' harder. Damn I miss the old days.

edit: that was supposed to be a response to knapps post above....somehow that didn't work out. But yeah, them big boys up front for Wiscy are damn good ball players.

I miss those days too. Badly.

But sadly, fans like us are grossly outnumbered as the vast majority pine for some kind of Clownahan fluffball. There's about 10,000 threads about our qb's throwing mechanics for every "one" about developing successful smashmouth. Oh well......we can still always hope!

GBR!!

Its just a whole new day and age now. I don't think anyone is clamoring for a Mike Leach offense...we just realize that in order to attract better recruits and have success in a constantly evolving game, we can't line up in the I-formation 55 times a game anymore. Not a winning strategy these days.

True, to a degree. What recruiting battles have we won? Who have we stolen away? I think the lack of identity is killing us. We have (staff included) really have no idea what we are offensively.

We need to develop an identity that plays to a "certain talent niche". We can't out recruit schools like Bama, UT, LSU, Georgia etc... (name your traditional hot spot) for the true "top tier" talent. We desperately need to recruit kids specifically to a scheme that not everyone is using. Everyone is after the 5 star speedster WR, the 5 star dual threat QB. Wisky, for example, seems to do very well recruiting kids NU built 3 MNC's on. A few talented kids surrounded by blue caller kick you in the teeth kids.

It just seems we currently have this miss mash O that doesn't play to the strengths of anyone with any consistency.

Denard's not even the best QB in the Big Ten...I hate how much attention he gets.

You have offically earned by respect Bucky.

He's good. Any Husker fan who thinks otherwise? Well...watch the game. I'd have to say that Braxton Miller could be the best, but tOSU is on probation. Ohio State shouldn't be mentioned for anything. It's ridiculous....you can't be involved in bowl games, title games, or post-season honors...but you're up for anything else? The way the NCAA works is a joke.

True, to a degree. What recruiting battles have we won? Who have we stolen away?

This might be a bad time to ask this to make a point considering our latest commit ;)

We need to develop an identity that plays to a "certain talent niche".

Gotta disagree with you here.