quarterback situation

tommy armstrong is a stud and will be in college. now for our quarterback issues for the 2013 class. if you are looking at 4 and 5 star kids for the 2013 class you are probably not gonna see one on our committment list. A little article showing how many of the top quarterbacks have committed. kind of crazy. 88.5% of 4 and 5 star quarterbacks have committed. 15 of the top 16 pro-style quarterbacks have already committed and 9 out of the top 10 dual threat quarterbacks are already committed. Kind of crazy how fast the QB's are going this year. This doesnt mean we cant get a great QB to commit.

http://247sports.com...ecruiting-74617

Sadly...Turner is/was 3 times the QB that Armstrong is.

Yet to be determined..........

Not really. I'm not saying Armstrong won't be good but all of his evaluations coming out of high school by the coaching staff were lower than Turner's were for that position including "leadership". Had there not been as big a media bash session of Taylor for the prior year questioning his leadership and fundamentals, I doubt they would have been as quick to move Turner to take some pressure off of Taylor so he could feel more comfortable as the teams leader. Make no mistake that there was a little bit of "FU I'm the coach and I know best" motive behind Turner's move.

Kinda hard to support what you're saying when Nebraska was basically the only to school to offer Turner as a QB. AND, it took us a full 3 weeks to move him to WR. TA was only ever recruited as a QB.

• Fire 1

tommy armstrong is a stud and will be in college. now for our quarterback issues for the 2013 class. if you are looking at 4 and 5 star kids for the 2013 class you are probably not gonna see one on our committment list. A little article showing how many of the top quarterbacks have committed. kind of crazy. 88.5% of 4 and 5 star quarterbacks have committed. 15 of the top 16 pro-style quarterbacks have already committed and 9 out of the top 10 dual threat quarterbacks are already committed. Kind of crazy how fast the QB's are going this year. This doesnt mean we cant get a great QB to commit.

http://247sports.com...ecruiting-74617

Sadly...Turner is/was 3 times the QB that Armstrong is.

Yet to be determined..........

Not really. I'm not saying Armstrong won't be good but all of his evaluations coming out of high school by the coaching staff were lower than Turner's were for that position including "leadership". Had there not been as big a media bash session of Taylor for the prior year questioning his leadership and fundamentals, I doubt they would have been as quick to move Turner to take some pressure off of Taylor so he could feel more comfortable as the teams leader. Make no mistake that there was a little bit of "FU I'm the coach and I know best" motive behind Turner's move.

Good points you make skers, BUT..........3 X as good...?? (so a 4 star would be compared to a 12 star?). That is beyond stars, that is an entire galaxy....even Beano Cook would be predicting Powlus type numbers...

Fun for fans to argue but I'll be interested in seeing it play out on the field.....

• Fire 1

If Curt Dukes woulda stayed, we'd have our sixth nat'l championship by now

Why? .....Really? ....... Can't just let that one go!

I figured the sarcasm was thick enough that I didn't need to post the icon.

Yeah well you never know with some people.

I am all in the Brayden Scott camp. And after the QB Camp this summer, I bet he has scholly in hand.

I'd be happy with both Kincade and Scott. Although this board will be up in arms if we do take Scott.

Exactly, once again proving the "Full Retard Effect" is gaining movement again throughout this board.