Martinez QB Camp Update

Oh man. That was gruesome. I had to look it up to be sure. Googled "catapult in the face."

Turns out it was just a watermelon exploding.

I love how they ignore the possibility of a concussion at the end. "I can't even see straight!" "They don't call it the Amazing Race for nothing."

453px-You_dont_say.png

:D

• Fire 1

T-Magic has been included on the Manning Watch List. The Manning Award is given the to the "best quarterback" in the country.

Martinez is also on the Davey O'Brien Watch List. The Davey O'Brien award is given to the top quarterback.

Martinez is joined on the Manning Watch List by fellow Big Ten quarterbacks Denard Robinson and James Vandenberg.

Are any of those pictures ones where the QB looks like they have a bad motion? Maybe it's just my untrained eyes.

I think it's sort of like that discussion that was either here or on Rivals where people thought Taylor had the ball pointed the wrong way in some picture. But that's just how the ball is supposed to be at that point in the throw.

The point of the pictures was really just to show that if you only look at a frozen snapshot of just the upper body of a quarterback throwing, it's easy for it to look really weird and unnatural, and Taylor isn't alone in this category.

I think where most people have issues w/ Taylor's "throwing motion" starts with his feet - everything else gets twisted and turned because of that - and in those pictures you posted you can clearly see that each is stepping into their throw (that one dude is exaggerating it a bit). I think that was what Hunter was even talking about when you decided to tell him he has no idea what he's talking about. The pics you provided support his argument in regards to Taylor's feet. Good QBs step into their throws. Taylor didn't do that last year for whatever reason. I watched a good chunk of the Oklahoma State game the other day and his footwork was very different - though from time to time you could see him getting lazy and throwing off his back foot.

Are any of those pictures ones where the QB looks like they have a bad motion? Maybe it's just my untrained eyes.

I think it's sort of like that discussion that was either here or on Rivals where people thought Taylor had the ball pointed the wrong way in some picture. But that's just how the ball is supposed to be at that point in the throw.

The point of the pictures was really just to show that if you only look at a frozen snapshot of just the upper body of a quarterback throwing, it's easy for it to look really weird and unnatural, and Taylor isn't alone in this category.

I think where most people have issues w/ Taylor's "throwing motion" starts with his feet - everything else gets twisted and turned because of that - and in those pictures you posted you can clearly see that each is stepping into their throw (that one dude is exaggerating it a bit). I think that was what Hunter was even talking about when you decided to tell him he has no idea what he's talking about. The pics you provided support his argument in regards to Taylor's feet. Good QBs step into their throws. Taylor didn't do that last year for whatever reason. I watched a good chunk of the Oklahoma State game the other day and his footwork was very different - though from time to time you could see him getting lazy and throwing off his back foot.

Throwing it While in a phone booth!

I didn't see any pics showing TM's feet.

You missed the point entirely. The point of discussion wasn't Taylor last year, it was Taylor in a picture that doesn't show his feet.

I sure hope that Taylor posts numbers so mind-numbingly amazing that it causes all you haters to shut the F&%% up. I'm tired of hearing people bitching about his throwing motion or saying that he's a poor QB. He's no more poor than any other QB we've had in an off year and by the time he leaves, he'll own every single record for QB's in the books. If you're not behind him and our team, you're in the road and you need move out of the way.

yikes.

I sure hope that Taylor posts numbers so mind-numbingly amazing that it causes all you haters to shut the F&%% up. I'm tired of hearing people bitching about his throwing motion or saying that he's a poor QB. He's no more poor than any other QB we've had in an off year and by the time he leaves, he'll own every single record for QB's in the books. If you're not behind him and our team, you're in the road and you need move out of the way.

While I agree that Taylor is the guy and he'll own several if not all the records, he's far from perfect or above criticism. Some of our fans do go over board when criticizing Taylor, but that's the nature of playing QB-all the praise when winning and all the blame when losing.

doug-flutie-statue.jpg

Oh, Taylor will break all of NU's passing records all right. And then NU will erect a statue of him to demonstrate his wonderful passing stance. Much like this statue of Doug Flutie and his picture perfect passing stance. lol :lol: