SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

There is a lot of potential for Beck to make this offense a very good one in years to come. The longer our offense has the ball the less time the other teams offense has to do the same. It's time for a few high school receivers, running backs and O Linemen to step up and see what Nebraska has coming. Get on the bandwagon and play in a bunch of BCS Bowls, Conference Championships, and National Championship Games. There I said it.

Someone calm my nerves, but I have a feeling some other top tier teams come calling after this showing. Early signing period, please.

Might be so, but he sure seems very committed, has a close relationship with Taylor and knows after he redshirts during Taylors senior year he will have a chance to compete for a starting spot as a redshirt freshman. He's also recruiting his friends/other prospects to come here too.

I've never understood the habit of trying to be the first to give a player a nickname in hopes that "my name is the one that sticks". There aren't any medals to hand out for the most original name. Let's allow him to sign an LOI and get on campus and beyond his redshirt year before we dub him the next savior of our program. No wonder these kids have huge egos.

I'm as happy as anyone that he wants to call Lincoln home a year from now and I'd love to see him become all I think he can be. I'll start paying attention to him when he starts climbing the depth charts.

Actually I did receive a medal for dubbing Seung Hoon Choi "Seoul Train".

Someone calm my nerves, but I have a feeling some other top tier teams come calling after this showing. Early signing period, please.

It's the nature of the beast. We're dealing with 17-18 yr. old high school kids. Minds can change at the drop of a dime. Just gonna have to ride it out and hope he's signing a Nebraska LOI in February.

If it makes you feel any better, he did recently create a twitter account with the username @husker_johnny4 with this avatar:

image.jpg

I think the only team that could take him away is USC, and they arent going to offer him. Had they not been under sanctions and had the typical oversigning 25 man class, i think they would offer him, just to keep him from coming here (or anywhere for that matter) Even then i think it would be like Westerkamp, he would teeter but eventually see the light. We should be just fine.

Official set of first #Elite11 rankings: Stanton, Greenlee, Zaire, Goff, Kincade, Webb, Browne, Del Rio, Hackenberg, Ferguson, Cockerille.

Notice we were hard after 3 of the top 5 performers so far. Maybe this Tim Beck guy knows his QBs???

Still the leader after day 3. Even if he ends up not winning it or getting MVP or whatever, this is very impressive.....especially for a f'n Nebraska QB recruit. I would expect him to get a good bump in ratings from all the sites after this.