SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

How about we all ASSUME, the coaching staff is fairly competent, and they will make the depth chart decisions correctly, however it plays out and sit back and relax!

We are Huskers! Therefore, it will all work itself out, for the best, in the end and we will witness another winning year and perhaps a conference championship and Play-off spot!

No way buddy! Not until they have gone 335-2 with nothing but 4 and 5 star recruits like I have on NCAA 08 will I consider them competant. I don't know why they just don't sort by ranking and print out the depth chart. It's not that hard.

• Fire 1

Wow! There is more doubt and insecurity among the Husker Faithful regarding our coaching staff than I would have expected? I can't say I blame you , but having said that, I am pretty sure the coaches are competent!

Either way, we are all on the same team, wanting the same results which is (12) W's for regular season, (1) W for conference championship, then the big W for the N.C.

We had only three games decided by more than 24 points last year and only four decided by more than two touchdowns.

Not a lot of opportunities, when just basing it on the final score.

Oh, there were a number of missed opportunities.

One that sticks out to me is the drive before we let SC grind out a ton of the final clock, when the game was well decided, and we sent Taylor out there to take three sacks in a row.

We had only three games decided by more than 24 points last year and only four decided by more than two touchdowns.

One that sticks out to me is the drive before we let SC grind out a ton of the final clock, when the game was well decided, and we sent Taylor out there to take three sacks in a row.

to be fair Beck has stated publicly and privately that it was his fault more guys didn't get reps because he was trying to see different things the offense could do in different sets. That also killed our productivity at times. I don't think we will see as much of that this year.

I'm assuming TA is gonna be a good one because of the similarities of his high school offense and the one Beck was shaping ours to! I really don't care if it's BC, TA or someone else on the roster. Once again, my so called lack of confidence in BC doesn't stem from any tangible evidence. Anything deficientI saw on the field! It stems from times when Taylor can't walk or we are down by 28 in the 4th or even when we're up by 3 scores with a couple minutes left!!! Why the hell isn't BC in the game gaining valuable experience? Something isn't addin up as I said above.

It bothers me when people say this. You have to realize that Taylor was still only a Sophmore and he needed every single snap he could get just like Carnes does. Its hard to develop 2 QBs at once when your starter is still learning how to be QB himself. Taylor needs every single snap, even if we are down by 50, he needs the experience, and if you see Taylor starting for the next 2 years, as a coach your going to try and get him all the snaps you possibly can. I think that will change more this year with Taylor in year 2 with Beck, and more experienced overall.... we will see the back ups alot more IMO.

to be fair Beck has stated publicly and privately that it was his fault more guys didn't get reps because he was trying to see different things the offense could do in different sets. That also killed our productivity at times. I don't think we will see as much of that this year.

yeah, that was something from the beginning of the year that was puzzling. I remember the public comments after I think the first game. But hopefully the experimentation produced some fruit.

stanton is doing very well at the elite 11 finals already tied for the top power ball toss with michigan qb commit shane morris. and stanton had the top vertical jump at 34. 9".

Are these updates available somewhere?

stanton is doing very well at the elite 11 finals already tied for the top power ball toss with michigan qb commit shane morris. and stanton had the top vertical jump at 34. 9".

Are either of those really significant to how well someone will play quarterback?

Are either of those really significant to how well someone will play quarterback?

Almost as significant as the 40 yard dash for an OG.

:yeah and what other events/drills do they do? I'm not real familiar with this stuff