SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Trent Dilfer tweet:

Huskers just go a lot better with @Elite11 Finalist Johnny Stanton committing. Kid is a #beast and future #QBSurgeon. #ThrowTheRockHuskers

LINK

I think Rivals would be committing public and political suicide if they didn't bump him up to a four star and even a top 250 player.

Trent Dilfer tweet:

Huskers just go a lot better with @Elite11 Finalist Johnny Stanton committing. Kid is a #beast and future #QBSurgeon. #ThrowTheRockHuskers

LINK

I think Rivals would be committing public and political suicide if they didn't bump him up to a four star and even a top 250 player.

He can take care of this oversight himself by dominating the Elite 11 finals!!!

Armstrong looks like a beast too, man it will sweet to watch these two battle it out, hopefully they bleed husker red and the person who is #2 is okay with it, I honestly don't think I want another qb this year, maybe Zaire if he wants to change, but that's all

Stanton will redshirt his first year. I've seen him quoted somewhere that he expects it. If that's the case, there won't be much of a QB battle between them...he won't come into the picture until Armstrong's Junior year.

Oh I know that, he's already stated that because of it being Taylor's senior season when he gets here, I just mean in the future, is Tommy redshirting?

Armstrong looks like a beast too, man it will sweet to watch these two battle it out, hopefully they bleed husker red and the person who is #2 is okay with it, I honestly don't think I want another qb this year, maybe Zaire if he wants to change, but that's all

Stanton will redshirt his first year. I've seen him quoted somewhere that he expects it. If that's the case, there won't be much of a QB battle between them...he won't come into the picture until Armstrong's Junior year.

Assuming armstrong doesnt redshirt

Assuming armstrong doesnt redshirt

I think Armstrong shirts unless he takes the #2 slot away from Carnes. We barely got Carnes reps last season, can't see us getting Carnes and Armstrong worthwhile reps. Plus TM still has another season left, won't be crowning a new starter next season. Let Marsh, Kellogg, and Broekemeier fight over #3 this season.

For those who want to see Johnny Stanton before he becomes a Husker, his high school will play Brophy Prep in Phoenix on Aug 25 and the game will be televised on ESPN2. All you Ariz Huskers might want to go watch in person while the rest of us tune in our living rooms. Tell the wives you have the tv reserved that night! I believe the game starts at 9 pm central time.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/varsitytimesinsider/2012/07/football-santa-margarita-opener-will-be-on-espn2.html

If Tommy is that good, there's no need to waste a year for him unless we got absolutely nothing backing Taylor up. Which, isn't the case.

Let's be honest! I'm not saying BC is 'nothing' behind TM. But don't tell me he's a world beater either! Truth be told, BC supporter or not, we don't really know what he can do! As much as Taylor struggled at times or was really injured and Brion still didn't get a sniff! Not even when we're getting waxed! Something's up! If TA gets the playbook down, from I'm told that in itself should be enough to vault ahead of BC.

If Tommy is that good, there's no need to waste a year for him unless we got absolutely nothing backing Taylor up. Which, isn't the case.

Let's be honest! I'm not saying BC is 'nothing' behind TM. But don't tell me he's a world beater either! Truth be told, BC supporter or not, we don't really know what he can do! As much as Taylor struggled at times or was really injured and Brion still didn't get a sniff! Not even when we're getting waxed! Something's up! If TA gets the playbook down, from I'm told that in itself should be enough to vault ahead of BC.

We don't know HOW he is...because he hasn't had a fair shot.

You're getting crap flung your way because you're dismissing someone who hasn't had a fair shot...and that's ignorant.

I'm dismissing the same way others seem to think BC could be the starter! My point was BC hasn't gotten on the field for whatever reason! I'm not a believer that our staff is biased so I choose to believe there's a reason BC doesn't see the field when TM can hardly walk or we are getting our a$$ kicked! And if he isn't grasping the playbook by end of fall camp and TA is, then there's your natural progression! And if TA moves up to #2 I believe BC moves on!

Some of you people on this board think that because I write what I think may happen means that that is what I want to happen!!! In my perfect scenario, BC is neck and neck with Taylor. Each pushing the other! And when Taylor graduates Brion steps in and we don't have a drop off or even get better because he would be seasoned! But realistically, if BC doesn't get any meaningful reps the next two years because we are afraid to damage a fragile Taylor in a blowout or because Brion still doesn't have the playbook down, then we are really screwed after Taylor leaves and BC is QB1!

Red, I'm not assuming at all that you think BC is nothing.

If we don't redshirt Tommy, he will be a junior by the time Taylor graduates. That doesn't seem like good roster management. It's something you do when you have - i.e, when Kody Spano, hardly considered spectacular but a reasonable and fairly solid talent who had some years in the system, blew out his ACL for the second time, that's when Cody Green as the only other scholarship quarterback had to step up and sacrifice his freshman year. Otherwise Cody should have and I would hope, would have sat.

The same situation with Tommy. Brion can take those #2 snaps. If he isn't good enough to start, it's a conversation we could have if Taylor should get a bad injury and miss a lot of time. But otherwise, even if Brion isn't anything special he is fine to go in for that spot snap or two, or grind out the end of games.

And the other part of this is that a redshirt year is a GOOD thing, in general for freshmen, but especially for quarterbacks. We saw with Cody and with Taylor that you don't get the chance to really work on your game when every week is live fire snaps and focusing on the next opponent. A redshirt year is a year away from all that, just honing and working on your craft, getting seasoned. His career will emerge for the better for it. It really hurt Cody to have to burn his redshirt.