SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

I noticed from his film, he seems not to look at a receiver or pick a pre-determined route to throw to. I really like that. I notice alot of these young QB's coming into college ball staring down, thus giving away, a route. He seems to have a good internal clock in his head and he does not seem to try to prematurely leave the pocket. We will have to see how well he can transfer into college ball but as a high school player, he seems to be very good. I am excited for his future at NU. Welcome to the Husker family Johnny!

He is built like a typical linebacker.

But make no mistake, Johnny Stanton is a quarterback in the eyes of Nebraska football coaches.

A native of Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., Stanton on Monday verbally committed to the Huskers, saying he fits the school and the Husker offense.

"He's a big guy — really big," said Steve Calhoun, a Los Angeles-area quarterbacks coach who has worked with Stanton. "He's 6-foot-2, 225 pounds, all muscle."

LINK

First thing that came to mind was Scott Frost. Frost was 6-3/220. Stanton is 6-2/225. I could see Stanton gaining around 5 pounds during '13 fall camp

He is built like a typical linebacker.

But make no mistake, Johnny Stanton is a quarterback in the eyes of Nebraska football coaches.

A native of Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., Stanton on Monday verbally committed to the Huskers, saying he fits the school and the Husker offense.

"He's a big guy — really big," said Steve Calhoun, a Los Angeles-area quarterbacks coach who has worked with Stanton. "He's 6-foot-2, 225 pounds, all muscle."

LINK

First thing that came to mind was Scott Frost. Frost was 6-3/220. Stanton is 6-2/225. I could see Stanton gaining around 5 pounds during '13 fall camp

Or tomorrow at lunch!!

a quote from johnny stanton that really excites me and I know it will make you guys happy too.

"I am excited to be able to start helping Nebraska recruit the other California guys and try to help build up our recruiting class as much as I can," Stanton said. "I plan to start making some texts and phone calls soon."

Love the quote. He throws the ball well and would love for us to start bringing in some top WR's from CA and the country. He should help that effort nicely.

As has been mentioned several times already, Taylor M had his hands in the recruitment of Stanton. To the few who said Taylor wasn't invested emotionally in our program, that theory can be put to rest. Martinez is 100% Husker Red. Thank you Mr. Martinez and welcome Mr. Stanton.

• Fire 1

As has been mentioned several times already, Taylor M had his hands in the recruitment of Stanton. To the few who said Taylor wasn't invested emotionally in our program, that theory can be put to rest. Martinez is 100% Husker Red. Thank you Mr. Martinez and welcome Mr. Stanton.

I think more than not knew this all along. I'm sure you were one. The negative voices of so few create such a generalization of the fanbase. Recruiting has been good and is getting better. Staff is making adjustments on the fly and this is proof.

read this

http://www.omaha.com...back-commitment

Should probably hear of another in a few days. Maybe even two guys. Depends on how things fall.

Called the coaches Sunday, good call. Dont know how and the hell you knew that lol, but keep it coming.

Just a coincidence so i had to point it out. It was pretty well indicated he would like to decide after that camp but I don't think it was a line drawn as to a particular day.

Great to get this young man. He can pass. He runs well... with power and toughness. Among those we have a shot at, he is the singular top QB on the list for me --- best combination of passing/running out there. He seems to be an athletic QB --- not an athlete placed at QB.

In conjunction with Tommy Armstrong who will redshirt (I'd think) this next year --- NU is in pretty good shape at QB in the future. One more solid guy (perhaps someone who could be a QB or play a different position as well) would be a nice add to this years class... but is not necessary.

Welcome Johnny.

I never would of thought taylor would do this kind of thing. Way to step up :corndance