SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Unless Martinez goes down really early, why wouldn't we redshirt armstrong?

Cause I believe by conference TA will win the #2 job. Maybe sooner! And you gotta get your number 2 some game reps.

lol, what makes you assume that Tommy is going to suddenly jump over Brion to the #2 spot? (I assume because of the Tommy hype during his recruitment, yes) Truth is, Brion was also hyped and maybe more so then Tommy. Brion has been in the program longer and most likely has a stronger understanding of Beck's playbook and in that I find your TA comment almost comical.

Personally, from the sources I have, I'm hearing that if Taylor gets hurt and Brion comes in we (Husker Nation) may just witness a scenario like we did in 94/95. Brion is the real deal and might it be the coaches don't want to screw with Taylor's head? Taylor was as I recall, only a sophomore playing under his second OC and rumored to be easily discouraged, yes?

To often fans see another hyped player that patiently waits his turn and suddenly they start the "He's not good enough" BS. Most of you are to young to remember the Turner Gill / travis turner talk but everyone new our chances of winning conference titles ended with Gill's graduation because our backup (travis) sat the bench for 2 years and was never given a chance so he had to suck. lol, history I believe shows otherwise.

So.. morale of the story. Stop tearing down a young athlete before he/she's been given a fair chance to shine. Sometimes (in fact, most times) patience pays off.

Unless Martinez goes down really early, why wouldn't we redshirt armstrong?

Cause I believe by conference TA will win the #2 job. Maybe sooner! And you gotta get your number 2 some game reps.

lol, what makes you assume that Tommy is going to suddenly jump over Brion to the #2 spot? (I assume because of the Tommy hype during his recruitment, yes) Truth is, Brion was also hyped and maybe more so then Tommy. Brion has been in the program longer and most likely has a stronger understanding of Beck's playbook and in that I find your TA comment almost comical.

Personally, from the sources I have, I'm hearing that if Taylor gets hurt and Brion comes in we (Husker Nation) may just witness a scenario like we did in 94/95. Brion is the real deal and might it be the coaches don't want to screw with Taylor's head? Taylor was as I recall, only a sophomore playing under his second OC and rumored to be easily discouraged, yes?

To often fans see another hyped player that patiently waits his turn and suddenly they start the "He's not good enough" BS. Most of you are to young to remember the Turner Gill / travis turner talk but everyone new our chances of winning conference titles ended with Gill's graduation because our backup (travis) sat the bench for 2 years and was never given a chance so he had to suck. lol, history I believe shows otherwise.

So.. morale of the story. Stop tearing down a young athlete before he/she's been given a fair chance to shine. Sometimes (in fact, most times) patience pays off.

It might not have anything to do with Brion and more so the fact that Tommy is a beast.

Can we just let these kids get to campus and settle in before we crown them the starter and savior and declaring National Championships. There are a lot of quarterbacks that get recruited every year and only around 4 will win a NC. Some will compete for the NC. A bigger portion will not come close. More than that will not play in a bowl game. Let's just be realistic in our prognostications.

1. Martinez is the projected starter for the next 2 years barring injury or some fallout and should have good years returning under Beck's system.

2. Carnes is PROBABLY a capable back up but has very little game experience. He knows the system but he may not want to have only one year to potentially start.

3. Armstrong MIGHT be the real deal. But since he has not even suited up for a game yet. Let's see what happens. We do know that the coaches are not afraid to let a Freshman start.

4. Stanton SEEMS to have what we need in future star QB but I think we should let him graduate HS before we compare him to Frazier, Tebow or anyone else.

Thats my soapbox for the day.

• Fire 1

As of the last I spoke to a few people Brion had done nothing to this point to justify him getting time over Taylor. Taylor has worked hard this off season. Really looking forward to watching him this year.

I'm assuming TA is gonna be a good one because of the similarities of his high school offense and the one Beck was shaping ours to! I really don't care if it's BC, TA or someone else on the roster. Once again, my so called lack of confidence in BC doesn't stem from any tangible evidence. Anything deficientI saw on the field! It stems from times when Taylor can't walk or we are down by 28 in the 4th or even when we're up by 3 scores with a couple minutes left!!! Why the hell isn't BC in the game gaining valuable experience? Something isn't addin up as I said above.

The "something isn't adding up" may be a head coach that hasn't learned the value of building depth. That and the fact that Bo may be getting pushed by Husker Nation to run up the score a little while at the same time positioning a husker QB for a Heisman run. Call it stats padding.

The "something isn't adding up" may be a head coach that hasn't learned the value of building depth. That and the fact that Bo may be getting pushed by Husker Nation to run up the score a little while at the same time positioning a husker QB for a Heisman run. Call it stats padding.

I believe that to be a tad far-fetched.

We had only three games decided by more than 24 points last year and only four decided by more than two touchdowns.

Not a lot of opportunities, when just basing it on the final score.

Exactly. Even more so when considering how poor our blackshirts were at times and no lead was safe enough.

We had only three games decided by more than 24 points last year and only four decided by more than two touchdowns.

Exactly. Even more so when considering how poor our blackshirts were at times and no lead was safe enough.

Not to mention that it's more important for our starting sophomore QB to get snaps in a game situation with a brand new system. I wouldn't say that Taylor was ever completely comfortable in Beck's system last year. Depth's nice as long as the starters don't need the reps.

Not to mention that it's more important for our starting sophomore QB to get snaps in a game situation with a brand new system. I wouldn't say that Taylor was ever completely comfortable in Beck's system last year. Depth's nice as long as the starters don't need the reps.

Yes, that's another good point as well.

How about we all ASSUME, the coaching staff is fairly competent, and they will make the depth chart decisions correctly, however it plays out and sit back and relax!

We are Huskers! Therefore, it will all work itself out, for the best, in the end and we will witness another winning year and perhaps a conference championship and Play-off spot!

How about we all ASSUME, the coaching staff is fairly competent, and they will make the depth chart decisions correctly, however it plays out and sit back and relax!

We are Huskers! Therefore, it will all work itself out, for the best, in the end and we will witness another winning year and perhaps a conference championship and Play-off spot!

Playoffs don't start quite yet bud, but that would be nice.