Penn State needs to burn for this.

If you have ever been a victim,or know of one who has had a chance to confront his attacker,you will understand how much relief this young man is feeling to finally get his chance in court.Although not easy to talk about,it is a healing process that will continue for his life time.Sadly,too many times these situations don't make it to court because of the statute of limitations has run out.I hope for each victim that testifies,they shovel another pile of dirt on Jer,until they completely bury him forever.May he burn in hell!

• Fire 1

Parts of the football program are responsible, but you have to remember that there are hundreds of people involved in Penn State football, from players to coaches to administration to staff. They are not all responsible for this; only a tiny percentage is. I would hate to see Penn State football as a whole punished for this.

USC was punished for the actions of a few. Oklahoma was punished for the actions of a few. SMU was punished for the actions of a few. Ohio State... Well I think you get the idea... This is beyond any NCAA infraction in the past IMO... Yes many will suffer for the actions of a few, and if I have read things right, those that are Innocent (at this point I would think all players for Penn State), they will be allowed to transfer with little issue. This is about punishing the institution that allowed this to happen, knew it was happening, and through inaction, pretty much condoned it.

The kids in the football program are innocent. But the football team as a whole should be SEVERELY punished along with the entire Penn state administration. Major lack of institutional control! The punishment needs to fit the crime. The lack of transparency and the apparent cover up to protect their cash cow has left many people in their trashy filthy degrading and exploitative wake!!!! I would be utterly disgusted if I were an alum of this school and would be assembling all former alums to have everyone at Penn state held accountable.... NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Time to clean house.

Those were schools which cheated at football. This is a criminal issue. Wholly different arena, Cant.

I can see your point, I happen to disagree. Like I said it is so horrible, so far outside of what we are used to, it becomes hard to NOT say burn program (hell the entire department). I think things coming out with high placed officials in the program and University show an "Institutional lack of control". I still feel the NCAA should have some sort of say, although I readily admit I could be wrong, I am incredibly biased in this issue.

Those were schools which cheated at football. This is a criminal issue. Wholly different arena, Cant.

I can see your point, I happen to disagree. Like I said it is so horrible, so far outside of what we are used to, it becomes hard to NOT say burn program (hell the entire department). I think things coming out with high placed officials in the program and University show an "Institutional lack of control". I still feel the NCAA should have some sort of say, although I readily admit I could be wrong, I am incredibly biased in this issue.

NCAA is most interested in keeping a level playing field for its members. How is child rape giving Penn St an advantage over other univiersities

NCAA is most interested in keeping a level playing field for its members. How is child rape giving Penn St an advantage over other univiersities

They shielded a coach. He should of been fired, and reported to the police, other Unis fire people who do this. Is it an advantage, well maybe not (depends on the coach).

Has more to do with keeping a clean house than keeping a level playing field. penn state is a member of the NcAA and since this has to do with the football team and the obvious preferential treatment given to Coach Perv, the NCAA should and must take some hydes!

NCAA Core Values

The Association – through its member institutions, conferences and national office staff – shares a belief in and commitment to:

• The collegiate model of athletics in which students participate as an avocation, balancing their academic, social and athletics experiences.

• The highest levels of integrity and sportsmanship.

• The pursuit of excellence in both academics and athletics.

• The supporting role that intercollegiate athletics plays in the higher education mission and in enhancing the sense of community and strengthening the identity of member institutions.

• An inclusive culture that fosters equitable participation for student-athletes and career opportunities for coaches and administrators from diverse backgrounds.

• Respect for institutional autonomy and philosophical differences.

• Presidential leadership of intercollegiate athletics at the campus, conference and national levels.

I think Sandusky's actions (and the action/inaction of Penn State) run afoul of these. As far as specific violations? I don't know. If what they did is OK with the NCAA we need a new system.

• Fire 1

They shielded a coach. He should of been fired, and reported to the police, other Unis fire people who do this. Is it an advantage, well maybe not (depends on the coach).

Wrong. He should have been burned alive.

Yeah, the ncaa should weigh in on this. The ncaa tests for marijuana use, a crime which has nothing to do with cheating at football. Child molestation is a LOT worse than smokin the wild wood weed.

• Fire 1

Quote from story-

"At one point, the witness said former assistant coach Tom Bradley got into the showers with Sandusky and the boy. The witness said he believed Bradley was "suspicious," and did it to assure the boy's safety, refusing to leave until Sandusky did first."

This, the same Tom Bradley who was appointed head coach after Paterno's dismissal.....

Was there nobody in that program with a set to stand up to this pervert? The more info comes out, the more disgusting it gets. I can imagine absolutely no scenario where a person can turn a blind eye towards this type of thing. I understand this is the witnesses take on why Bradley remained in the shower but it is becoming very apparent that many within the football program and the upper administration knew ole Jer was off. I also understand that Sandusky was somewhat of a celebrity and seemingly untouchable in the program but shouldn't that end immediately when a person suspects what he was up to. Paterno, Bradley, the list of administrators... I am inclined to agree with others; I think the football program needs to burn right along with the administration. Sure some innocent people will get caught up in shuttering the program but this is severe enough that it just plain needs to happen. Their institutional values were just too far out of whack to let it survive. They need the opportunity for a fresh start, many years down the road.

• Fire 1

If you have ever been a victim,or know of one who has had a chance to confront his attacker,you will understand how much relief this young man is feeling to finally get his chance in court.Although not easy to talk about,it is a healing process that will continue for his life time.Sadly,too many times these situations don't make it to court because of the statute of limitations has run out.I hope for each victim that testifies,they shovel another pile of dirt on Jer,until they completely bury him forever.May he burn in hell!

This song seemed to play in my head after reading about the trial earlier today, then heard it on the drive home today..Seems appropiate.

What I find hard to understand, is how a perv like this is able to keep his job.

Or even how he would be good at being a coach..PSU was known as "Linebacker U", but you would think the tendencies that allow him to take advantage of these troubled youth, would br readily be picked up on by his players and assistant coaches..heck, 'specially by his superiors...And at best not make them want to go through a brick wall for him..and at more best..take him out.

I'm expecting PSU to get the "lack of institutional control" hammer. The administration covering up multiple felonies certainly classifies. And that email is the 'smoking gun' those guys are going to be doing time for it for sure. I would like to see 'Show Cause' slapped on all the coaches who where there also. I really do expect Emeret (I think I got the spelling right)