Is Urban Meyer Having the Mid West Blues

Please move this if needed, but I think a Husker Coach could make the same quote ............ this is at the end of the article and I think maybe Urban wishes her were still down south. Welcome to the mid-west Urban.

Quote from Urban Meyer

''It's almost anti-student athlete, where they have to come to us to camp, and how many kids can afford to fly or drive that far?'' he said. ''It's just so hard for a young person to even come visit the campus, now. ...

http://sports.yahoo....526--ncaaf.html

Please move this if needed, but I think a Husker Coach could make the same quote ............ this is at the end of the article and I think maybe Urban wishes her were still down south. Welcome to the mid-west Urban.

Quote from Urban Meyer

''It's almost anti-student athlete, where they have to come to us to camp, and how many kids can afford to fly or drive that far?'' he said. ''It's just so hard for a young person to even come visit the campus, now. ...

http://sports.yahoo....526--ncaaf.html

Just have URB call up a couple boosters.... Problem solved!

So is it me or does this aricle put out the tone that Urban thinks recruting too hard now? I dont really understand to point to his exlusive comments otherwise. What's the deal, he aint getting the best there is spoonfed like at Florida in the SEC anymore? and he's finding out this job is actually work? Huh, maybe he'll be gone after 2-3 years instead of my expected 4.

• Fire 1

So is it me or does this aricle put out the tone that Urban thinks recruting too hard now? I dont really understand to point to his exlusive comments otherwise. What's the deal, he aint getting the best there is spoonfed like at Florida in the SEC anymore? and he's finding out this job is actually work? Huh, maybe he'll be gone after 2-3 years instead of my expected 4.

Happy hour starting a little early for ya this Friday?

I detest Urban Meyer. That is all.

agree. just reading the Hoke quotes on how it's a great opportunity for the young men, etc show's the difference between a someone with integrity and someone without. Urban can't spew anything w/out his selfish intentions showing through. He tried so hard then ended it with "...and it's a great opportunity for us too". Exactly. If it wasn't he wouldn't be there. Not saying Hoke would either - but at least Hoke can acknowledge the purpose of the camp, and be political without coming across as a weasel.

He's lobbying to have the ncaa let colleges fund camper's expenses. At least I'll bet he has some angle. And that's a likely one.

exactly, urban will change the rules to get any advanatge he deems necessary.

Well it is hard to buy recruits if you have no money to pay them. (sec comment)