Big Ten vs. Pac-12 - which is the better conference?

Outside of Oregon and USC, who are their powerhouses?

I agree with the B1G side of this argument, but to answer this question, I believe Washington could be on the rise. Their record may not be indicative of the quality of this season but I think they will make it tougher than people think for USC and Oregon to easily claim a PAC 12 title! Not that I think they are a powerhouse, just that I think they are on the rise!

USC, UDub,UCLA and UA make up the pac-12 teams in the top-50 recruiting based off of 247

The Big Ten has 7 in the top-50

Big Ten has a consensus 2 teams in the top-10 and USC has 1.

I think it's trending towards the Big Ten since they are starting to invest in football across the board.

PAC 12:

The Washington Schools: Both look to be on a serious uptick. I think UW will continue to improve (Don James had them playing well year in and year out), and in hate to say it, Leach will succeed in Pullman.

The Oregon Schools: mixed bag. Oregon might be really good, and they miss USC in the regular season (more on that later). Oregon St., well they lost to Sacramento St last year, and they're traditionally mediocre.

Norcal Schools: Fair. Cal may never get over the hump, and Stanford would endear me to their heart if they ruined Kiffin's life this September.

So-Cal schools: I'll believe it when I see it. USC's schedule is ridiculously easy (again, stay tuned), but I trust Lane Kiffin will find a way to screw that up. And I'm sorry, I'm no believer in UCLA

Arizona schools: Nope

Utah and the "University" of Colorado: Nope

Overall: decent conference, they will very likely have two teams in the top ten due to their schedule. The unbalanced PAC 12 slate conveniently skips a USC V Oregon matchup and will protect their championship game. And seriously, USC's OOC is Hawaii, Syracuse and Notre Dame. Pathetic. And Oregon vs Arkansas St will show us just how easy the Red Wolves will be.

Big Ten:

Wisconsin: Will be good, probably top 10 good.

Nebraska: My opinion. Will be good, probably top ten good.

Ohio St: Sucks they're on probation, and they would roll through the PAC 12.

Michigan St: great defense, no offense. They're getting deserved hype for their bowl game, but might disappoint.

Michigan: I think they're overrated. They're going to get rolled in their first game (but again, I don't see any PAC 12 teams scheduling a game like that) and their schedule is a whole lot tougher than last year.

Iowa: Good team lost in the mix

Northwestern: Improving, but traditionally, quite bad.

Illinois: Meh

Purdue: nothing special

Minnesota: Yikes

Indiana: AVERT YOUR EYES!

Penn St: it is what it is.

Overall: Top heavy like the PAC, except with six legit teams. And, -they all play each other-. It's great they do, but the B1G falls victim to looking weaker because all the good teams whale on each other, they don't get the credit the SEC does the same thing. Oh, and there's usually some decent OOC games in there too. That in a nutshell is why other conferences appear stronger. USC would wilt under our schedule. Wilt. Hell, Oregon wouldn't make it through Wisconsin's.

Ranking based on conference record. Didn't look up tie breakers but conference title game bid (win/lose) did help break some ties. BIG vs. PAC-12

(#5) Nebraska over (#5) Washington 51-38

Nebraska's highest scoring output by far. The next best offensive output by Nebraska against a conference foe comes against inept Minnesota getting 41.

(#10) Illinois over (#6) ASU 17-14

Illinois knocks off at time ranked Arizona State. Illinois then limps through the conference schedule and makes a bowl game thanks to this win.

(#10) Illinois over (#4) UCLA 20-14

What does previously said inept Illinois do with a bowl berth? Beats defacto division winner UCLA, albeit with new coach.

(#8) Ohio State over (#10) Colorado 37-17

Yeah. Nobody thought this was suppose to be a comparable game, but even without the tattoo clan Ohio State beats Colorado. Ohio State goes on to have a bad year in conference with the exception of an upset of Wisconsin.

(#1) Wisconsin over (#9) Oregon State 35-0

I won't say much, but a shutout? It is hard to compare one conferences bad team to a good one in another, but OSU put up 21 on Oregon and 38 on Washington.

(#1) Oregon over (#1) Wisconsin 45-38

Oregon wins a shootout. The PAC-12 only win against the BIG. Nice to see some defense from these two.

BIG goes 5-1 losing only the big one in the Rose Bowl.