DE Jamone Boyd [Kansas State Commit]

Nexus

Police spokesperson Sgt. Chris Depue said he can’t tell us exactly what Boyd has been charged with because the officer’s report hasn’t been completed

Read. More. Carefully.

Really? When has it been legal to charge someone at a later time with a crime? Murder or something serious like that, yes because of evidence to point you towards the crime. When you are taken into custody, you are told what you are exactly being charged with.

Thats like getting pulled over for speeding, and the officer ticketing you for it. Then visiting you the next day because he forgot that you didn't use your turn signal too.

Its a quote from the article, not something im pulling out of thin air.

It also said in another article that he got suspended for 1 game during the season for disciplinary reasons. I dont need much more evidence then all of that. But hey, if the coaches want to take him...in Bo i trust. Just dont think it will happen. Just my opinion.

Police spokesperson Sgt. Chris Depue said he can’t tell us exactly what Boyd has been charged with because the officer’s report hasn’t been completed

Read. More. Carefully.

Really? When has it been legal to charge someone at a later time with a crime? Murder or something serious like that, yes because of evidence to point you towards the crime. When you are taken into custody, you are told what you are exactly being charged with.

Thats like getting pulled over for speeding, and the officer ticketing you for it. Then visiting you the next day because he forgot that you didn't use your turn signal too.

Its a quote from the article, not something im pulling out of thin air.

It also said in another article that he got suspended for 1 game during the season for disciplinary reasons. I dont need much more evidence then all of that. But hey, if the coaches want to take him...in Bo i trust. Just dont think it will happen. Just my opinion.

I am just giving my opinion too man. I don't think you, myself, or anyone else here knows the exact story. 1 day suspension could be anything from skipping school, missing practice, being late to class to much. You never know. I am not going to judge someone when I don't know the circumstances. I am definitely not going to judge someone because I think he talks like a "thug". I have looked on his twitter account, and I don't see one thing that even resembles him being a "thug".

https://twitter.com/jam_one58

Different perspective to hopefully slow down this argument...

Football is all this kid probably has. He was getting caught. Realized his only opportunity at college might be slipping away. He panicked. Ease up on him, its not like this kid repeatedly has these kind of issues. Plus, prove to me he is charged with aggravated assault on an officer.

Football is all this kid probably has. He was getting caught. Realized his only opportunity at college might be slipping away. He panicked. Ease up on him, its not like this kid repeatedly has these kind of issues. Plus, prove to me he is charged with aggravated assault on an officer.

Thank you. All I been saying. Not one time have I seen he was being charged with anything besides resisting and possession. He is a kid, kids mess up. Sometimes more than others. This could be his eye opener and he could clean his crap up. If he repeatedly got in trouble with the law, I wouldn't hesitate to say not to give this kid a shot. Actually, I would question why Bo even offered him to begin with.

When I was in high school I was a dumbass and vandalized a couple cars. When I was brought into the police station I was charged with "conspiracy" as there were other guys there. When I went to court, the charge was changed to "criminal mischief". It happens all the time.

You were also told what your charge was. Conspiracy to destruction of private/public property??? Conspiracy to commit murder? Conspiracy to commit arson? I spoke with a friend of mine who is an officer in Omaha, and he stated if there was an assault on an officer, it would have been charged at the time of an arrest, not at a later time.

• Fire 1

Thank you. All I been saying. Not one time have I seen he was being charged with anything besides resisting and possession. He is a kid, kids mess up. Sometimes more than others. This could be his eye opener and he could clean his crap up. If he repeatedly got in trouble with the law, I wouldn't hesitate to say not to give this kid a shot. Actually, I would question why Bo even offered him to begin with.

When I was in high school I was a dumbass and vandalized a couple cars. When I was brought into the police station I was charged with "conspiracy" as there were other guys there. When I went to court, the charge was changed to "criminal mischief". It happens all the time.

You were also told what your charge was. Conspiracy to destruction of private/public property??? Conspiracy to commit murder? Conspiracy to commit arson? I spoke with a friend of mine who is an officer in Omaha, and he stated if there was an assault on an officer, it would have been charged at the time of an arrest, not at a later time.

I actually do agree with you. Its just my opinion that we should pass, and your right i dont know his whole story. I really hope he gets things turned around. When we started hearing about him over the summer i followed him for ahwile and didnt like some things, its not terrible and its really not a big deal but i have probably followed a little closer then you have, just because i like following recruiting a little closer then most. I shouldnt have called him a thug, hes probably not a thug.

The reason i would say pass personally is because of grades, suspended from a game, some things ive seen him write on twitter, and now this incident. With all that said, Bo could be just the kind of guy Boyd needs, so i wouldnt mind taking him, and hope he makes it.

From everything ive read he will probably have to go JUCO, that will give him 2 years to get some things figured out, and find out if football is something he really wants to pursue, i hope it works out for him.

You and i can get along if you dont take everything as an arguement just because i used your post to give my differing opinion. Im not attacking your post. Its funny because i actually agree with most things you have said on here, your just very arguementative and get defensive when someone says something about your post. Maybe your new to forums but you need a little thicker skin.....dont take everything as an attack.

I actually do agree with you. Its just my opinion that we should pass, and your right i dont know his whole story. I really hope he gets things turned around. When we started hearing about him over the summer i followed him for ahwile and didnt like some things, its not terrible and its really not a big deal but i have probably followed a little closer then you have, just because i like following recruiting a little closer then most. I shouldnt have called him a thug, hes probably not a thug.

The reason i would say pass personally is because of grades, suspended from a game, some things ive seen him write on twitter, and now this incident. With all that said, Bo could be just the kind of guy Boyd needs, so i wouldnt mind taking him, and hope he makes it.

From everything ive read he will probably have to go JUCO, that will give him 2 years to get some things figured out, and find out if football is something he really wants to pursue, i hope it works out for him.

You and i can get along if you dont take everything as an arguement just because i used your post to give my differing opinion. Im not attacking your post. Its funny because i actually agree with most things you have said on here, your just very arguementative and get defensive when someone says something about your post. Maybe your new to forums but you need a little thicker skin.....dont take everything as an attack.

I honestly wasn't looking at it as an argument as I was just voicing my opinion on how a kid shouldn't be called a thug, especially when no one knows the whole story. Including myself. He was suspended for one game, who knows what that could have been for. My apologies if I came off argumentative, as I was also just trying to voice my opinion. If I don't know someone, I tend not to judge them, unless they have committed a horrible crime, or has done wrong to someone else. You took what I said as an attack as well, or it seemed like it, just as my case was, so maybe you should have some thicker skin as well ;)

If Bo doesn't continue his offer, its understandable, but like you said, maybe he needs Bo or someone like him, to teach him what he is being given in life should be cherished, rather than taken advantage of. I followed a lot of recruits last year on twitter, and honestly, none of them speak any different than he does. Some of our players now speak more foul than he does too lol.

Again, my apologies if I came off offensive, I was just voicing my opinion on how the kid shouldn't be judged.

No, it was actually in the police report/court documents as "conspiracy". That's it.

• 2 weeks later...

KSU bound

KSU is putting together one heck of a class this year.

Strongly disagree.

They have some pretty good talent in there. With Boyd and Ramirez plus all of the Iowa Western talent. I guess I jumped the gun saying that it was "one heck" of a class. But it definitely has a good amount of talent. (I would take ours with out a doubt over it)

KSU bound

Strongly disagree.

They have some pretty good talent in there. With Boyd and Ramirez plus all of the Iowa Western talent. I guess I jumped the gun saying that it was "one heck" of a class. But it definitely has a good amount of talent. (I would take ours with out a doubt over it)

Boyd is a talent. Truely unfortunate we couldn't get him. But as an IDUB alum and current volunteer assistant for the men's and women's soccer program, I would tell you that I don't think that we could have used any of the players that committed to KSU this past week.

KSU bound

Strongly disagree.

Boyd is a talent. Truely unfortunate we couldn't get him. But as an IDUB alum and current volunteer assistant for the men's and women's soccer program, I would tell you that I don't think that we could have used any of the players that committed to KSU this past week.

Oh I agree, but that doesn't mean that they aren't talented. Nash is a very good DE, but he isn't the pass rushing end that we are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...