The new jerseys are in!!!

DySjs.jpg

I bet you came in here looking for the new alternate. Still, looks like the TechFit is gone or at least modified, which is good news. No block collar and the sleeves look longer so the sleeve stripes shouldn't be warped like last year's set. Also, we have the B1G patch which is supposed to be on every team's jersey now.

hmm. Red jersey. White numbers. White stripes. What the big deal here?

Anyway. For real, yes I'm glad that techfit or whatever it was supposed to be is gone if it is. I though last years jerseys were just dumb the way they fit. Seems like most of our players spent more time pulling down shirts between plays that pulling down shirts.

I'm glad to see the techfit jerseys go as well. It's a fine idea and all, but they didn't give us any demonstrable competitive advantage and when over pads, had the capacity to look really fugly.

It's weird to think that for keeping the same overall design for so long, we've had so much change over the last three. First it was the higher shoulder stripes in 2010 (I forget, were the pee-stained stripes in '09 or '10?), then the techfits and the inaugural season patch, now the B1G patch and a more regular jersey cut.

Can we get full length socks now? :)