Freshman drawing "rave reviews"

Wow this thread was much less eventful than I thought or hoped it would be. However I doubt it would matter. How many times have we heard this before and then said freshman never see the field until they are juniors.

True freshman are good enough to start at Oregon, and SEC country but not Nebraska. Until I see a TRUE freshman start in a big game, Threads about freshman mean pretty much nothing. :dunno

Per wikipedia...

Tommie Frazier joined the Nebraska football team as an 18-year-old true freshman in the summer of 1992, at 6-1 and 190 pounds, and began as a backup to senior Mike Grant. Nebraska started the season with a 4-1 record under Grant, but an early 27-14 loss to the Washington Huskies, ranked 11th in the nation, set up Frazier's opportunity to take over as the starting quarterback. He did so at Missouri on Oct. 24, a 34-24 Nebraska victory.[8] Frazier gained national notoriety with the following two games,[citation needed] both blowout wins broadcast nationally in evening time slots on ESPN. He led the team on Halloween to a 52-7 win against a powerful Colorado team that carried a 9-1-1 record and was led by Kordell Stewart. Frazier threw sparingly, completing 4 of 12 passes for 55 yards and two touchdowns, but rushed 16 times for 86 of Nebraska's 373 rushing yards.[9] Frazier's arm was showcased the following week, Nov. 7, in a 49-7 win over Kansas. Play-action fakes resulted in long touchdown passes of 36 and 46 yards, and Frazier finished the game with 6 of 11 passes completed, for 161 yards and three touchdowns.[10]

Nebraska finished the season with a 9-2 record, and Frazier registered seven starts at quarterback.

Wow this thread was much less eventful than I thought or hoped it would be. However I doubt it would matter. How many times have we heard this before and then said freshman never see the field until they are juniors.

True freshman are good enough to start at Oregon, and SEC country but not Nebraska. Until I see a TRUE freshman start in a big game, Threads about freshman mean pretty much nothing. :dunno

Tommie Frazier

It was obvious from his post that he meant in recent years. What was Oregon doing in 1993? And why would Streeter remember whether the SEC was starting lots of true freshmen 19 years ago? But I'm pretty sure you knew this when you came up with that response.

Now if you want to continue the trend you'll post Oregon's '93 win loss record and the stats for every game

• Fire 4

Tommie Frazier

It was obvious from his post that he meant in recent years. What was Oregon doing in 1993? And why would Streeter remember whether the SEC was starting lots of true freshmen 19 years ago? But I'm pretty sure you knew this when you came up with that response.

Speculation.

Tommie Frazier

Speculation.

I feel like I'm being trolled.

Then let Streeter respond and quit putting words in his mouth. This post had nothing to do with you. And it is asinine to think what people may or may not remember about a team's performance in 1993, when there are plenty of HB members who know what kind of jerseys and shoes the NU team was wearing in 1970.

what kind of jerseys and shoes the NU team was wearing in 1970.

Key part: NU - of course people remember useless facts about NU.

And of course streeter and every other husker fan knows that Frazier started as a true freshman. The post has something to do with everyone who had to scroll through it. A simple "Tommie Frazier?" would have sufficed, though the point still stands that it was clear he meant in recent times. The post about Cody Green was a much better point.

Also, I can reply to whatever I want. If you don't want people replying to your posts on a public forum, send them as a PM.