Over/Under how many times Neb gets Gameday to their games this year?

gameday (for the most part) tries to visit the top matchups, which generally means the highest ranked teams that are playing on that given week that come from a BCS conference w/ all tiebreakers going to the SEC. start this thread again after the UCLA game - because at this point I still see us as a 20-25ish team...and those don't get GameDay matchups.

I could see us at Ohio State getting gameday if we are undefeated. If not there - it will depend on how Michigan plays...but again we'll likely still need to be undefeated. Those are only two chances unless the matchups just really suck for the week of the Wisconsin game. Remember, we stunk it up pretty dang bad when gameday threw us a bone and featured our first B1G game. They might not care to come back again after that crap.

Big games for September 29th are:

Wisconsin at Nebraska

Arkansas at Texas A&M

Ohio State at Michigan State

Florida State at South Florida (because FSU is gonna be ranked way high)

Texas at Oklahoma State

Tennessee at Georgia

Not a whole lot to choose from...

EPSN may go with Ohio St. vs. Michigan St.....b/c it'll be Urban's first BIG10 game. We'll see...

gameday (for the most part) tries to visit the top matchups, which generally means the highest ranked teams that are playing on that given week that come from a BCS conference w/ all tiebreakers going to the SEC. start this thread again after the UCLA game - because at this point I still see us as a 20-25ish team...and those don't get GameDay matchups.

I could see us at Ohio State getting gameday if we are undefeated. If not there - it will depend on how Michigan plays...but again we'll likely still need to be undefeated. Those are only two chances unless the matchups just really suck for the week of the Wisconsin game. Remember, we stunk it up pretty dang bad when gameday threw us a bone and featured our first B1G game. They might not care to come back again after that crap.

Wisconsin at Nebraska

Arkansas at Texas A&M

Texas at Oklahoma State

Tennessee at Georgia

EPSN may go with Ohio St. vs. Michigan St.....b/c it'll be Urban's first BIG10 game. We'll see...

I was thinking this too.

Wisconsin at Nebraska

Arkansas at Texas A&M

Texas at Oklahoma State

Tennessee at Georgia

That, and OSU has absolutely NOTHING to play for, and that game has zero implications on anything whatsoever, so that'll make all the sense in the world. Hence, I agree with you, that's probably where it'll be.

Wisconsin at Nebraska

Arkansas at Texas A&M

Texas at Oklahoma State

Tennessee at Georgia

That, and OSU has absolutely NOTHING to play for, and that game has zero implications on anything whatsoever, so that'll make all the sense in the world. Hence, I agree with you, that's probably where it'll be.

Good point. Though, it's quite possible 1 or both teams could have a loss.

How many fake accounts were created to bump those +1s over five? I'm on to you fellas. <_<

+1! Great post! Nah, just kidding...

But now that I'm thinking about it...

on THIS post what is the over/under on knapplc getting... ;)

Gameday is too much of an opportunity for Nebraska fans to show off our "best in the nation" status. For this, Gameday hates coming here and probably will not make it this year either. I doubt any of the road games either. Yes, I am an "ESPN hates Nebraska" conspirist.

I thought it was black and white? :dunno

The only thing good about ESPN's College Gameday is that it usually means your team is doing something right. It's generally just a big distraction, though. When was the last time NU won while they were part of the game? The OU game during Frankball? Or were they even there then?

I like where we're at. Rated third in the pre-season rags for the Legends, WAY less pressure than last year. Coming in as the new guy and getting picked to win it all by some put a gigantic bounty on our heads in '11. This year, we come in quiet, have way more familiarity with the opponents we'll be facing, and have an awful lot of high quality athletes for a team pegged to finish mid-division.

Screw it, I say over. (1) I feel good about Wisco in Lincoln. Wilson made huge plays last year where there should only have been a loss of down or yardage with his intelligence, athleticism, and improvisational abilities. Kid was a smart QB who also happened to throw an accurate ball and, oh yeah, was on the mobile side too. His loss is massive for the Badgers. They're no walkover team..take them lightly and they'll maul you. But I think when a hard hitting game ends in Memorial, we'll be 1-1 against them as conference mates. So...if we can pull out a win in Columbus (no small order, but not impossible or even improbable,) don't play Northwestern like we just found out our beloved puppy died in the tunnel walking out like last year, and come into the Michigan game undefeated then yeah, that matchup will be Gameday worthy. Huskers-Wolverines. Still one of my favorite parts of the conference switch. I'm going to look forward to that game every single year.