Montee Ball assaulted

knapplc

This is straight outta left field! Montee Ball was the victim of "an unprovoked attack" last night in Madison:

A 21-year old man was attacked while walking in the 500 block of University Ave. early this morning. Witnesses said five men jumped the victim. He was knocked to the ground and kicked. The victim was taken to a hospital with head injuries. It does not appear he knew his attackers and this is being investigated as an unprovoked assault. The criminals were last seen running south on N. Frances St. toward the Kohl Center.

LINK

What the hell? Sounds like a case of mistaken identity, or wrong place/wrong time. Here's hoping Ball fully recovers. He's a tough dude.

Some more updates:

Tom Dienhart@BTNTomDienhart

Bielemal: "Montee has been released from the hospital and is under the care and supervision of our sports medicine staff."

Wisconsin's press release:

Wisconsin RB Montee Ball victim of unprovoked assault

Wisconsin senior running back and 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist Montee Ball was the victim of what Madison Police are investigating as an “unprovoked assault” early Wednesday morning, the team announced in a press release. Here is a link to the Madison Police report.

“My concern right now is for Montee’s health and well-being,” Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema said in the release. “Montee has been released from the hospital and is under the care and supervision of our sports medicine staff. We will continue to evaluate him as we approach the start of fall camp this weekend. I do expect Montee to make a full recovery.”

Hate to hear that, even more than I hated hearing "MonTEEE BALLLLLLL!" at Camp Randall last year, and I really hated that by the end.

Here's to a speedy recovery. Hope to see him on the field in Lincoln at 100%. (Literally on the field. As in, gang tackled behind the LOS, all...night....long.)

• Fire 2

Montee Ball@M_Ball28

I appreciate the support and thank you for the concerns.I will be okay! See you guys in September! #WiscONsin

Good to hear. Unless weapons were involved, it's hard to imagine Ball being severely hurt in a quick attack. If they knocked him down, subjected him to a few kicks, then ran off, I'd presume he's suffered worse during a game. He's built like a brick.... house. He'll be fine.