Why not Brion Carnes

Most players do look horrible when they don't get any live-action and only taking 20% of the snaps and practice.

I would also like to add that we do a horrible job at developing our younger players. Didnt we just lose a running back to TCU? Can you blame him?

Aaron green was a Primma Donna who was butthurt because he wasn't made the starter. Your argument sucks. Off the top of my head, Taylor Martinez, Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Tyler Moore, Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah, and Ciante Evans all played significant time over the past 2 years as freshman.

I didn't know that we were throwing out credentials here. But since you started I will say that I have been a coach at the collegiate level and the high school level. I actually like bo pelini as a coach. But let's remember that this is the first time he has ever been a head coach. We did overuse Rex Burkhead last year. And by overusing Rex we lost a future running back in our program. As far as the quarterback position is concerned, I'm just asking questions. I'm just wondering what is his thinking. And I'm wondering if anyone else is thinking the same thing that I'm thinking.

I didn't know that we were throwing out credentials here. But since you started I will say that I have been a coach at the collegiate level and the high school level. I actually like bo pelini as a coach. But let's remember that this is the first time he has ever been a head coach. We did overuse Rex Burkhead last year. And by overusing Rex we lost a future running back in our program. As far as the quarterback position is concerned, I'm just asking questions. I'm just wondering what is his thinking. And I'm wondering if anyone else is thinking the same thing that I'm thinking.

Green was telling teammates he was thinking about leaving 2 weeks into fall practice. It had nothing to do with overusing Rex.

Unless your son is on the team, coaches are playing the best guys (dad coaches are the worst). Its not like Bo went from working at Valentinos Pizza to being a first time coach at NU. Congrats on your coaching gigs

• Fire 1

d

From what little we saw of Carnes last year, he's not even close to Martinez. He looked horrible in the option game, both on his pitches and his reads (not to mention he's much slower than Martinez). Our offense runs a lot of option, so Carnes' inability to run it effectively (or at least close to Martinez' ability) hinders him greatly.

Not to mention Martinez has been the starter for two years now, and has two years left. He has been building a rapport with our current receivers for two years now. That chemistry (especially next year when they've all played three years together) will pay dividends.

After going back and watching Carnes' highlights, he is more than capable of running every play in the playbook physically. He has all the tools: strong arm with good mechanics, and above average speed with cutting ability. This is the only reason i believe that he cant grasp the mental part of it, because i dont know of anything else that could be holding him back. I will trust the coaches though and since Tmart is the starter, then he will have my full support.

Ok, i feel a little attacked. Lol. But thats ok. I feel the passion in thos thread. Thats why i am proud to be a husker fan. I just dont know that we have seen enough of brion carnes to say that he is awful. Have you ever seen taylor martinez be awful in a game or make a poor decision? I have a bowl ring, and two conference titles but i think i have been lucky and blessed.

GBR!!!

Ok, i feel a little attacked. Lol. But thats ok. I feel the passion in thos thread. Thats why i am proud to be a husker fan. I just dont know that we have seen enough of brion carnes to say that he is awful. Have you ever seen taylor martinez be awful in a game or make a poor decision? I have a bowl ring, and two conference titles but i think i have been lucky and blessed.

GBR!!!

Are you little Frankie Solich?
  • Fire 1

GBR!!!

Don't take it too hard. I've felt the same way one time when I was making a point on something I believed in but was in the minority.

Say what you believe.

I suppose when I say three years I am referring to most of the spring before he started. it just feels like the job has always been his. Brion Carnes has never really been given a chance. Let's not forget that we were the only school that offered Taylor Martinez as a quarterback. We are Nebraska, we should have a much better selection of quarterbacks. What anyone argue with that? And I would Hardly call 13 touchdowns and eight interceptions some success. Is that the standard now at Nebraska have we lowered our expectations so far that this has become acceptable? Where is Jamal Lord when you need him?

All credibility goes away after the bolded text.

Just think, in 07 we could only get I Bleed Red and his playing credentials to post on this board. Now we're getting coaches! Progress!

Probably because in less than 2 years (TM has missed games due to injury and has played less than 100% in quite a few, he is approx. 4th on the all-time yardage chart for nebraska qbs...playing with a much lesser OL than anyone else on the list. Barring a freak injury, he will easily be #2 on the all-time chart and if he would just "average" what he has his first two hears, would move approx. 2000 yard ahead of Crouch and probably put the record out of reach..

When you compare his productivity in his first 2 years, it matches many other Husker qbs that get a ton of credit ....using a 2 year starting period....and once again, he hasn't had the weapons those others guys did...

Um...wonder why he starts??? Not trying to be a smarta$$, but he just doesn't get enough credit for what he has done...IMO...if you are looking at the numbers.