Why not Brion Carnes

i was pretty hyped on brion..... and feel pretty bad for the kid falling on the way down.. looks like the kid might never see the playing field during his time at Nebraska... lets hope he is atleast on track to earn that dilopma....

He actually has seen the field already. Not that much, but 3 games is more than "never".

Check that, 6 games, 3 in each year.

I wouldn't necessarily say Carnes sucks or got so much worse that last year. I think you could say Carnes was 2nd last year b/c of his upside, they liked his potential. Now it seems like RKIII is a safe backup, the guy that can come in and get the ball to the playmakers safely. Armstrong is in the Carnes role of last year, the coaches love his upside, but he might not have the best grasp of the playbook. Carnes ends up getting pushed out b/c he doesn't have the uspside of TA as a Jr, but doesn't have the grasp of the offense that RKIII has as a Sr.

Speculating.

bump for 4th string QB

I had a slight feeling he would be 3rd or 4th once analysts starting jumping on the T. Armstrong bandwagon....which I will gladly join.

The coaches came out and said this and the media jumped on it, for obvious reasons.

And when this thread was last posted in early August, I think everyone thought Carnes was still number two, so Landlord's post wasn't entirely inaccurate.

I am sure that this topic has been brought up before, but I could not find a thread on it so here we go. Why is it that Brion Carnes is not able to even push Taylor Martinez for the starting position. He doesnt even get much "clean up" time during blowouts (not that there have been a ton of those anyway). I remember Cody Green battling it out with Taylor Martinez and Taylor won obviously but there was sme debate. I suppose my question is why are we so invested in Taylor Martinez? Why has Bo Pelini stuck with him so long? Would anyone argue that Brion Carnes has more natural ability as a pure passer, better throwing motion, better footwork, and comes from a better pedigree of football? Manatee High School is one of the best high schools in the country. Why has Brion Carnes never been given a chance in live action? Is there something that I am missing? Like I said, maybe I have missed other conversations on this topic. I just feel like we have all our eggs in this basket and the basket isnt producing champioship results. We cant throw verticals, bubble screens, slants, sprint outs, or 5 yard outs. Surely the coaching staff sees this. Every year we get our hopes up that Taylor Martinez is going to make this vast improvement and it just hasnt happened. He has been the QB for the better part of 3 years and has made only minimal improvement. And yet not much talk about the second QB. Why is this?

Taylor just answered this paragraph with one half of football.