Don't make it to disappointing!

Here's some history for you - Nebraska is 2-1 all-time vs. Southern Miss, losing our last game to you guys, here in Lincoln, 21-17. We had a 17-9 lead in the third quarter until your guy Stewart returned an interception 49 yards for a TD, then a fourth-quarter 46-yard TD pass sealed the game.

Hopefully, things are different this year. But we'll welcome you to Lincoln all the same. Have your fans get ready for some fun up here.

Here's some history for you - Nebraska is 2-1 all-time vs. Southern Miss, losing our last game to you guys, here in Lincoln, 21-17. We had a 17-9 lead in the third quarter until your guy Stewart returned an interception 49 yards for a TD, then a fourth-quarter 46-yard TD pass sealed the game.

Hopefully, things are different this year. But we'll welcome you to Lincoln all the same. Have your fans get ready for some fun up here.

I remember that game too well. That was great. From what I've read though most Huskers dismiss it as a Callahan mishap. :dunno

I remember that game too well. That was great. From what I've read though most Huskers dismiss it as a Callahan mishap. :dunno

Because that's what it was

• Fire 1

Well, you all won the game, that's not in dispute. But you have to realize that every loss from 2004-2007 and half the wins are going to be written off as Callahan mishaps. The guy was a disaster for Husker Football.

The greatest QB ever to play for Nebraska, Joe Dailey didn't have his best game that day.

The 2004-2007 seasons were all a Callahan Mishap

I remember when one of my favorite teams played USM. Fedora talked a fair amount of trash saying how the whole world would watch them beat South Carolina and then went on to lose by 28 points. Now granted he followed up that season with a stellar one last year and he was right to be excited about his team it still annoyed me. Nice to see that lack of humility is not widespread among Hattiesburg faithful.

I'm looking forward to your 2012 outing and think that Johnson was a great coaching hire, one that frustrated me immensely. Will the Eagles be the best team in the state for a second straight year?

It's kind of funny to think that NU will be playing two Ellis-led teams back-to-back.

Who is Callahan and what is this 2004-2007 era that you speak of? You mean to tell me 2004 comes after 2003?, rather than 2008? Seriously?

BillCallahan.jpg

Ask this fellow. He'll fill you in on what happened.