Confidence vote - Which position group are you most confident in?

Shawn Watson  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apparently I am the only one who is most confident in the WR and TE position. I look at Ben Cotton and Kyler Reed, and we are set at TE with those 2 guys. Then we have Kenny Bell, Quincy Enunwa, Jamal Turner, Tim Marlowe, Taariq Allen, and Jordan Westerkamp at WR. Looks pretty dang good there. I think the coaches are going to have some trouble getting everybody on the field that they want to, and that is a good situation to be in. Close 2nd for me would be Special Teams

I'll be quite honest, I am not filled with confidence about our RBs. Rex is amazing, but if he goes down, I have nothing but hope for the guys behind him. Abdullah had only 150 yards last year. I really think Cross will end up being our #2 RB this season, and a good one at that. Cross is the RB of the future, but I'm holding back my excitement and confidence in him and the rest of those guys until I actually see them carry the ball.

TE's were my first thought but Reed has been a very inefficient blocker, they are a close 2nd in my book

Got a great mix of talent backing him up: Abdullah, Heard and maybe even Mike Marrow too. Anyone hear how they plan to use Marrow? Will he be slated solely for FB? Or will he be our big back ball carrier in short yardage situations?

Rex is a exceptional short yardage back. Maybe the best in the country. I don't understand the obsession with putting a bigger guy in there in short yardage situations, just for the sake of having a bigger guy in there. If Marrow doesn't have Rex's vision and patience, and odds are he doesn't, he won't be nearly as effective as Rex in those situations.

All true. But I thought this thread was about the position. Rex is our starter and by far our best RB. But there are several others on our roster that solidify the position of RB.

With Rex in the backfield I'm pretty sure RB runs away with this poll. But what happens if Rex rolls an ankle and has to sit for a few games?

The season goes into the crapper. Even more so w/ the QB position. WR's however...we're deep. I feel good about that group. We could drop and one or two of them and there'd be another to step up. Can't really say that w/ any other position group.

Apparently I am the only one who is most confident in the WR and TE position. I look at Ben Cotton and Kyler Reed, and we are set at TE with those 2 guys. Then we have Kenny Bell, Quincy Enunwa, Jamal Turner, Tim Marlowe, Taariq Allen, and Jordan Westerkamp at WR. Looks pretty dang good there. I think the coaches are going to have some trouble getting everybody on the field that they want to, and that is a good situation to be in. Close 2nd for me would be Special Teams

i, too, voted for wr's. rb's were a close second. special teams is probably our best unit, but our wide outs and rb's will be more important.

Rex is a exceptional short yardage back. Maybe the best in the country. I don't understand the obsession with putting a bigger guy in there in short yardage situations, just for the sake of having a bigger guy in there.

Completely agree. +1

why beat the hell out of your best back, game after game and then have him basically unavailable for a game or two? we almost killed Rex last season, so much so that he basically sat out spring practice......short memories??

With Rex in the backfield I'm pretty sure RB runs away with this poll. But what happens if Rex rolls an ankle and has to sit for a few games?

The season goes into the crapper. Even more so w/ the QB position. WR's however...we're deep. I feel good about that group. We could drop and one or two of them and there'd be another to step up. Can't really say that w/ any other position group.

productionwise, we aren't very deep...potential? as usual we claim to have alot.

Rex is a exceptional short yardage back. Maybe the best in the country. I don't understand the obsession with putting a bigger guy in there in short yardage situations, just for the sake of having a bigger guy in there.

Completely agree. +1

why beat the hell out of your best back, game after game and then have him basically unavailable for a game or two? we almost killed Rex last season, so much so that he basically sat out spring practice......short memories??

They're discussing short yardage situations only. I really doubt Rex is going to want to come out in the middle of a series when a first down or TD is on the line and I agree that I don't see us needing a "short yardage" back while he's here.

What you're talking about is something different, imo. Rex should be given a break after the 2nd or 3rd series in games and he shouldn't be kept in as long as he was last year into the 4th quarters of games that aren't close. And he sure as hell shouldn't be playing injured like he did during a couple of games last year. That drove me nuts. If you're going to burn 3 rb redshirts, then f*ing play them when the guy ahead of them is hurt. Otherwise don't burn them in the first place.

Completely agree. +1

What?

Short yardage situations tend to be critical moments in games. 3rd down and 1 yard to go. 4th down and 1 yard to go. 3rd and goal. Etc.

Why on earth wouldn't you use your best short yardage back in those situations? To save them a few carries? Really? :lol:

We're hearing good things about Cross and Marrow. We know Abdullah has skills, with some things to polish up (like putting the ball on the turf). We know a healthy Martinez is a potent threat running the ball. Does all that equate to Running being the most solid position out there?

You bite your tongue!