Tyler Moore walks out of practice...

FLU

2 OL leaving in one week can't be a good sign for Cotton either. Granted, I've hated Cotton for a long time and hated how it seems like we've only kept him around in order to get his boys to play here so my thoughts concerning him are probably irrational

It's no wonder how you see so many companies frown on, or ban completely, nepotism in the workplace. It's a distraction and creates problems. Ask CU (no...wait...don't talk to those losers, just look from afar) what happened with Cody Hawkins and his daddy). Nothing but problems and questions and fodder for favoritism and controversy when things don't go well. Well...that was one coaches' son. NU is currently cursed with three.

I'm not sure what the situation is, but it's no secret the O-line has been suspect for quite some time. Blame recruiting, blame the players, but Nebraska gets enough talent to be coached to perform at an acceptable level. Getting outscored 123-47 in 3 key losses reflects on the defense obviously, but also on the offense.

The last two bowl games, Texas A&M, Texas, TT, plenty of games to show that there are offensive issues that may stem further than the players on the field.

I think folks go way overboard in complaining about our O-line. They played against much better d-lines this last season and while not dominant generally did hold their own. Penalties continued to be an issue but the picks, drops, and fumbles were the bigger culprit when our O struggled.

That said, Barney is an average line coach and if he can't properly handle and motivate players then it's time to move him to an office job. Not all bluechips are Burkhead, you have to be able to deal with that while still being fair to other players. That is part of coaching. Not that I really feel sorry for Moore, plenty have went through similar deals but persevered rather than quit.

• Fire 1

Why is there not one main media outlet saying anything about this? Seems weird. Not saying that nothing happened but I have to believe that LJS, or OWH would have made mention of this by now. They report what was for breakfast on the training table this time of year.

Until I hear it from the kid or Bo, I am going to say that this will blow over.

Why is there not one main media outlet saying anything about this? Seems weird. Not saying that nothing happened but I have to believe that LJS, or OWH would have made mention of this by now. They report what was for breakfast on the training table this time of year.

THIS WILL BLOW.........got that right!!

I think folks go way overboard in complaining about our O-line. They played against much better d-lines this last season and while not dominant generally did hold their own. Penalties continued to be an issue but the picks, drops, and fumbles were the bigger culprit when our O struggled.

That said, Barney is an average line coach and if he can't properly handle and motivate players then it's time to move him to an office job. Not all bluechips are Burkhead, you have to be able to deal with that while still being fair to other players. That is part of coaching. Not that I really feel sorry for Moore, plenty have went through similar deals but persevered rather than quit.

I just want to add because I think this is a really good post.

Does anyone think there is a possibility of some entitlement because he was a freshman starter? It looks like he wasn't slotted to start per recent reports. DeAngelo Evans had a pretty good Freshman season. I don't think this is a bombshell at all.

Good Luck Dude!

That part is puzzling. Nothing on sports nightly last night either that I caught............

How about his fiance's facebook page?

"Before the word gets down to Florida via internet and everyone attacks Tyler with questions, yes it is true for those of you who have heard..after battling, toughing things out, and making a VERY difficult decision..Tyler is coming home! As he has fulfilled his childhood dreams of playing for Nebraska, making a difference, and going down in history for being the first true freshman to start, its time for him to move on and expand his talent. He ISNT done with football and has a team or two in mind! Nebraska is a great school and has a great team and is for some guys but not for Tyler. His dream is to play for the Steelers or an NFL team someday and Lord willing he is going to make his dream come true. You can like it or not but i am VERY proud of my baby for making such a hard decision and his family and i support him a billon percent.. It would be nice if everyone else did too. Cant wait to see what his future has in store and prove the negative people wrong. Thank you to all the Husker fans who have supported him and dont want him to go, it means alot.. He will always be a Husker, its just time to open the doors back up to some new options and find his happiness and love for football with!!"

I can Confirm that Tyler has left Nebraska. His girlfriend wrote on his Facebook wall and said that Tyler has chosen to take his talents elsewhere. She said he is moving back to Florida and has 2 schools in mind that he will transfer to. She said Nebraska is for some people but it just isn't for Tyler and that he will be looking for a school that will expand his talents. He has left the team, he is gone, and this is a big blow to our offensive line.

I do not believe that it is coincidental that we lost Klachko and Moore this week. Neither are lazy kids. And I don't believe this had to do with academics either. Tyler was slated to be in the 2-deep this fall and to get significant playing time. Klachko was not but had tons of potential. Contrary to rumors, Tyler's girlfriend said it herself, his transfer had to do with the fact that "Nebraska is just not for him" which is something that goes way beyond his relationship with his GF. It is something about what was going on in the program and how it was being run that led to his transfer. Her wording indicates that he didn't feel like he was being developed to maximize his talents and that the way the NU O-Line coaches ran their practices made Tyler lose his love for the game. Are the coaches too military like and too much of perfectionists? Does Barney/Garrison truly play favorites, as people have said the same about Pelini? Were the coaches too strict on Tyler for off the field rules/issues?

I don't think we will ever fully get an answer from Bo or anyone else on the staff. We do know that this staff did recognize Tyler's talent... Bo said last year that Tyler was going to be special and could be an All-American Tackle. But Bo's not going to tell us what went wrong. It really sounds like he has been battling doubts/frustrations for a year now and that something that happened yesterday sent him over the edge. He was moved into the 2nd string group this fall and was replaced by a guy who had been out last year with injury.... but it really sounds like Tyler did not feel like the coaches were making them good linemen... he didn't feel like he was being developed into his potential... he didn't like how coaches were doing things and a combination of the three, plus his love for his girlfriend are what sent him over the top and caused him to leave.

• Fire 1

How about his fiance's facebook page?

"Before the word gets down to Florida via internet and everyone attacks Tyler with questions, yes it is true for those of you who have heard..after battling, toughing things out, and making a VERY difficult decision..Tyler is coming home! As he has fulfilled his childhood dreams of playing for Nebraska, making a difference, and going down in history for being the first true freshman to start, its time for him to move on and expand his talent. He ISNT done with football and has a team or two in mind! Nebraska is a great school and has a great team and is for some guys but not for Tyler. His dream is to play for the Steelers or an NFL team someday and Lord willing he is going to make his dream come true. You can like it or not but i am VERY proud of my baby for making such a hard decision and his family and i support him a billon percent.. It would be nice if everyone else did too. Cant wait to see what his future has in store and prove the negative people wrong. Thank you to all the Husker fans who have supported him and dont want him to go, it means alot.. He will always be a Husker, its just time to open the doors back up to some new options and find his happiness and love for football with!!"

Link? Also, still not a major media outlet. I have to believe with as much attention that this has received that some main media reporter would have made some calls or posted something and at least got a "no comment" from someone from his family or a coach or something. The facebook post seems odd to me.

I can Confirm that Tyler has left Nebraska. His girlfriend wrote on his Facebook wall and said that Tyler has chosen to take his talents elsewhere. She said he is moving back to Florida and has 2 schools in mind that he will transfer to. She said Nebraska is for some people but it just isn't for Tyler and that he will be looking for a school that will expand his talents. He has left the team, he is gone, and this is a big blow to our offensive line.

I do not believe that it is coincidental that we lost Klachko and Moore this week. Neither are lazy kids. And I don't believe this had to do with academics either. Tyler was slated to be in the 2-deep this fall and to get significant playing time. Klachko was not but had tons of potential. Contrary to rumors, Tyler's girlfriend said it herself, his transfer had to do with the fact that "Nebraska is just not for him" which is something that goes way beyond his relationship with his GF. It is something about what was going on in the program and how it was being run that led to his transfer. Her wording indicates that he didn't feel like he was being developed to maximize his talents and that the way the NU O-Line coaches ran their practices made Tyler lose his love for the game. Are the coaches too military like and too much of perfectionists? Does Barney/Garrison truly play favorites, as people have said the same about Pelini? Were the coaches too strict on Tyler for off the field rules/issues?

I don't think we will ever fully get an answer from Bo or anyone else on the staff. We do know that this staff did recognize Tyler's talent... Bo said last year that Tyler was going to be special and could be an All-American Tackle. But Bo's not going to tell us what went wrong. It really sounds like he has been battling doubts/frustrations for a year now and that something that happened yesterday sent him over the edge. He was moved into the 2nd string group this fall and was replaced by a guy who had been out last year with injury.... but it really sounds like Tyler did not feel like the coaches were making them good linemen... he didn't feel like he was being developed into his potential... he didn't like how coaches were doing things and a combination of the three, plus his love for his girlfriend are what sent him over the top and caused him to leave.

The Facebook quote is your confirmation or do you have something more? Seems weird that his girlfriend, overly emotional or not, might wait until he at least gets his pads turned in before posting things like this. Suff like this does not happen until days or weeks after the dust has settled. Also, If Moore did not even give Pelini a chance to talk to him and work things out before bolting to Florida, then he had his mind made up long ago.