Jason Peter throws some crap at the wall.

NUpolo8

This thread is what Huskerboard is all about to me. It starts out with JP and the Honeybadger, goes into a summary of Lincoln/ Omaha sports radio and then turns into a quiz show about dictators that have committed mass murder.

Someone throw a pony on this thing and wrap it up!!

• Fire 1

I like JP. He tells it like it is. Better than that stupid Shick and Nick show. Those two knew little about anything. Tried to act funny to make up for the ineptness and incompetence. JP gives a much better look at sports in general and specifically about NU football. He should be coaching the D line.

knapp and zoogs,

you should be proud, I saw this post and recognized it as a troll instantly, thereby absolving you of the necessity of sending me a PM notifying me of the forum rules that I would have otherwise broken by responding to this post.

Troll? This is a forum. You think you are some sort of important privileged persona on this forum? If you don't like the post I made, go somewhere else. As I said, I like JP. He gives a refreshing look at sports because he has been there. Most radio talk show idiots are nothing more than failed wannabe pretend failed jocks. I laughed every time at intro to the Shick and Nick show, "Nick Bahe, Creighton basketball standout." Standout? Are you kidding me? That pretty much set up the program as a fail right from the get go. Their program was the single most pathetic sports talk program ever. JP is a thousand times better on the radio. He knows what he is talking about, he has been there and done it.

I like JP. He tells it like it is. Better than that stupid Shick and Nick show. Those two knew little about anything. Tried to act funny to make up for the ineptness and incompetence. JP gives a much better look at sports in general and specifically about NU football. He should be coaching the D line.

knapp and zoogs,

you should be proud, I saw this post and recognized it as a troll instantly, thereby absolving you of the necessity of sending me a PM notifying me of the forum rules that I would have otherwise broken by responding to this post.

Troll? This is a forum. You think you are some sort of important privileged persona on this forum? If you don't like the post I made, go somewhere else. As I said, I like JP. He gives a refreshing look at sports because he has been there. Most radio talk show idiots are nothing more than failed wannabe pretend failed jocks. I laughed every time at intro to the Shick and Nick show, "Nick Bahe, Creighton basketball standout." Standout? Are you kidding me? That pretty much set up the program as a fail right from the get go. Their program was the single most pathetic sports talk program ever. JP is a thousand times better on the radio. He knows what he is talking about, he has been there and done it.

Are we talking about sports, or drugs?

knapp and zoogs,

I'd rather listen to Skip Bayless, and that is saying something. Jason Peter has a job here because he isn't camera shy and he's a famous former player. That's pretty much it. He has broadcasting talent, but quite frankly, there are handfuls of better broadcasters out there even in the metro area.

I don't listen to Jason Peter for his broadcasting talent. I listen to him because he has insight that no journalist, no matter how talented, is going to have.

The portrayal of that insight is just as important to me as the insight itself. I can muck my way through a well spoken person who has no idea what they're talking about, and an insightful person who doesn't know how to talk. Jason Peter is an insightful person who is condescending and has a superiority complex. Sometimes, the information a person like that brings to the table just isn't worth it for me.

Someone else can listen to him and then tell me about it on here.

• Fire 1

I'll have to try to DL a podcast. I can't get 1620 here. I have no idea what he's like on this show. I liked The Spread. He could have changed since then.

I haven't listened to his new show. I'm going off of my experiences watching him on Big Red Wrap Up and the rare occasions I listened to The Spread. There's no question in my mind that Jason Peter is a well-informed individual, especially when it comes to Nebraska football. But when he speaks, I feel like I'm being talked down to, so it's shut me off completely from enjoying him.

Maybe he's better now and I've always had bad timing when listening to him - maybe he isn't always like that. I don't know.

Sorry walks, picture got around the ban filter. Much as I love GoT images...tschu, appreciate the restraint, but next time absolve us of the necessity of responding to your post ;)

Goal-line, let's just say you're in the minority. I think many of us quite liked Jason Peter's "rah rah, we were the might and the light back in my day" spiel, but it's worn thin very quickly. He'll never be happy with this program and some of his raving has gone over the top.

As I said, I like JP. For me, he offers insight to a program. He does not just make up stories, create rumor and feed the flames for those who "think" they know Husker Football. He has lived it. He lived it in a special time with a special team and special coaches winning national championships. Things are not the same now. JP sees that. What JP does is explain how he and his team mates accomplished their goals and won national championships. He does a good job of that. He sees what is currently taking place with the Husker team and makes the necessary criticisms of a program not meeting the same standards as he and his team mates did.

I am relatively new to this forum and may well be in the minority with regards to the JP topic, but I am not backing off just because some other poster has the unadulterated arrogance to think he is holding hands with the mode

s and he can criticize me as a “troll”. Forums are for discussion and opinions about topics. I have mine and others have theirs. That is what they should be. Making false accusations (for the explicit purpose of scoring points with the mods or anyone else) about the status of posting members is, in my opinion, out of bounds. That’s my take.

Sorry walks, picture got around the ban filter. Much as I love GoT images...tschu, appreciate the restraint, but next time absolve us of the necessity of responding to your post ;)

Goal-line, let's just say you're in the minority. I think many of us quite liked Jason Peter's "rah rah, we were the might and the light back in my day" spiel, but it's worn thin very quickly. He'll never be happy with this program and some of his raving has gone over the top.

As I said, I like JP. For me, he offers insight to a program. He does not just make up stories, create rumor and feed the flames for those who "think" they know Husker Football. He has lived it. He lived it in a special time with a special team and special coaches winning national championships. Things are not the same now. JP sees that. What JP does is explain how he and his team mates accomplished their goals and won national championships. He does a good job of that. He sees what is currently taking place with the Husker team and makes the necessary criticisms of a program not meeting the same standards as he and his team mates did.

That's one way to look at it, I guess. But you touched on the crux of the issue - "special time, special team, and special coaches." Special, and for all intents and purposes, something that is near impossible to ever happen again here or anywhere else. For me, there's absolutely nothing wrong with using your past experiences to talk about things. After all, it's our experiences that make us who we are. But it's the way in which you relay those experiences to other people that makes you likeable or not, and for me, Jason Peter simply isn't likeable.

Again, some people may enjoy his type of analysis and that's fine. I end up finding it more obstructive than constructive. Each to his own, of course.